Not working as expected with member only forums

Mr Lucky

I was assuming that elastic search would give results based on he permissions of the seracher.

For example if there is a forum that is viewable only by registered members, then when a member does a search, there would be results from that forum.

However that is not happening.

Is there possibly some setting I'm missing somewhere?

Upgrading doesn't require a rebuild of the search index.

Something else must have caused it.
You may have to do some investigation to determine why that content wasn't indexed.

Upgrading doesn't require a rebuild of the search index.

Something else must have caused it.
You may have to do some investigation to determine why that content wasn't indexed.

What I realised was that before reindexing the only results from the search that came back were post upgrading, so wouldn't that imply it was the upgrade?

If there was a general problem with the upgrade script we would have had many more reports.

It could be any number of things, including an add-on, server related, a problem with elasticsearch, etc.

If there was a general problem with the upgrade script we would have had many more reports.

It could be any number of things, including an add-on, server related, a problem with elasticsearch, etc.

I believe you, just saying that as far as I know it was working before the upgrade. No addons were changed or added recently, then suddenly only search results post upgrade show.

EDIT: plus the host is one that comes highly recommended on here, including from staff I believe, and they advertise as being up on xenforo so I will ask them if they can investigate any server issues.

Top Bottom