• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Not So Good Results Due to RSS ?

LPH

Well-known member
#1
Screen Shot 2012-05-21 at 3.43.15 PM.png
As you can see the site is falling apart. I just logged into Google Webmaster Tools to try to figure out what is happening. It looks like the RSS is tossing errors.
For the URL I cannot put http://www.domain.com/community because XenScripts is used to log into the multisite. I have /community. This seems to toss errors galore. I was ignoring them - apparently Google thinks they need to ignore things too :)
So - what are the suggestions? How can I fix the RSS feed errors? No, I cannot put in the domain name because of the multisite.
Screen Shot 2012-05-21 at 3.47.35 PM.png
You get the idea, right?
Any suggestions? Am I just screwed .. LOL.


Update:

Now, If I could get the RSS to just point to http://www.technologyquestions.com/community and the login part to /community then I'd be a happy camper !
 

LPH

Well-known member
#3
What is your board URL set to?

Admin CP -> Home -> Options -> Basic Board Information -> Board URL
It was set to /community so that I could login with any other domains. I just changed it to

http://www.technologyquestions.com/community and told Google Webmaster Tools that the RSS is fixed.

I'm testing how this is going to influence the login / logout because I don't want any site to roll over to technologyquestions.com to login ... cookies must have the proper domain.

Hope that makes sense.
 

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
#4
Ok yeah, that's the problem. The RSS items use that Board URL setting, and the final links go through validation to make sure they are valid URLs, which /community is not. It needs to be http...
 

LPH

Well-known member
#5
OK. I've set the board URL.

I also had OLD sitemap files ... from vB days.

Installed the XF add-on a moment ago. Running the CRON job now but it keeps failing after building the 37th sitemap.threads.37.xml.gz. .... I'm submitting the ones that are build to Google now.

Wish there was a way to just say the directory ... hmm.. that would be faster !

Just add the sitemap to the robots.txt - unfortunately the cron is erroring out. Hopefully that will get fixed.