Not quite sure what to do now..

toxic375

Hello everyone!
Still kinda new here, haven't posted anything on the forums so I figure now is as good as any time to lose my forum-post-virginity.

If anyone here is a fan of the game Minecraft I'm sure you are aware of the recent copyright issues with the Bukkit server modification. For those that aren't familiar; Bukkit allowed those of us who wanted to run our own servers to design mini-modifications to the game code and release them on a multiplayer platform (more or less).

Sadly, with all the recent things going on some of the authors of Bukkit decided to recall the copyright on their work and request that all copies of Bukkit either remove their code or be deleted. Obviously, the project was deleted and has now left myself and many other server owners with a mortally wounded and dying community.

So other than blowing off some steam, I'm hoping perhaps you guys can help me out. The community I originally purchased and hosted my XenForo forum for is going to die out here in the coming weeks meaning I pretty much purchased XenForo for what is quickly becoming nothing.. I don't want to give up on being a community administrator. I absolutely love running my forums and my game server, however without the game server the forums are bound to die pretty quickly.. Has anyone else ever been in this situation? If so, how did you get out of it? If not, do you have any advice or ideas?

Nobody like topics that say "I want to own a forum, what should I make it for?" because they're usually a waste, if you create something you aren't personally interested in then you won't have any fun. I'm still looking for just some ideas to try and salvage my forum and it's community before it's completely dead so any advice/tips/ideas are very much appreciated.

:D

Regards,
Toxic375

After playing with the forums and throwing darts at ideas (literally, I wrote ideas on notecards, put them on a dart board, and threw darts at them.. lol) I think I'm going to do my best to stay in the niche of an RPG gaming server.. guess my only problem now is finding a new game since Minecraft is no longer really a valid option like it was before..

Top Bottom