XF 2.1 Not quite a bug - Hilarious Youtube embed fail

Solution
I found the solution which was to put in the censor

(using the word "word" instead)

word*

and motherword*

Which seems so far to allow the word when characters before and after, but censors the most likely offending combinations
I'm not sure if I should edit out the screenshot, though it's obviously relevant to what you're reporting...

But you'd you may need change how you censor that particular word -- word* would only match it at the start of a word, for example. Beyond that though, there isn't really a way around it. Checking the censor here is intentional (like we do in URLs), though this particular case is catching a false positive.

I'm not sure if I should edit out the screenshot, though it's obviously relevant to what you're reporting...

And if Youtube allow it then it must be OK :)

Yes I had naughtyword to cover all the obvious combinations (as it seems you do here because it won't embed here either

The solution seems to be two words in the censor

naughtyword* and *naughtyword

And if Youtube allow it then it must be OK :)

Yes I had naughtyword to cover all the obvious combinations (as it seems you do here because it won't embed here either

The solution seems to be two words in the censor

naughtyword* and *naughtyword

No, that doesn't work I have to add quite a lot of possible combinations to allow it to embed.

Since it's one single url -- Can you try using the media tag and then the workaround that some people use to bypass the censors to embed the video? Sometimes a simple
Code:
wo[i][/i]rd
can do the trick

So something like this:
Code:
 [MEDIA=youtube]video[i][/i]idgoeshere[/MEDIA]

...perhaps try embedding the video, editing the post/article/whatever and slipping the video id back in with the...workaround...in place? I think that would work.

Obviously I don't mean to offer up ways for people to bypass censors, it's just one that's been used before that I've had to deal with and thought might be helpful in this particular case.

I found the solution which was to put in the censor

(using the word "word" instead)

word*

and motherword*

Which seems so far to allow the word when characters before and after, but censors the most likely offending combinations

Last edited:
Solution
Top Bottom