not activation mail

gerard

Hello all

we have a problem with registering on our site
If you create an account with us you will hear to get an activation mail
your mail account to register but you will not

which could be the cause?

We have all the mod already been deported to see that it there is but it was not

greetings gerard

Is email confirmation enabled?

Are all of your email settings correct?

Are the emails being flagged as spam? Have the recipients checked their spam folders?

Check your mail logs to see if emails are actually being sent.

screenshot016cj.jpg

they do not come into the spam folder you

where can I find the e-mail logs?

greetings gerard

Are you receiving any emails from the forum? Or is the problem just with activation emails?

The mail logs are on your web server. You will need to consult with your web host to obtain the logs.

if you create an account you get no mail
acp look in you see that there is created an account and you can manually confirm

but that is not the intention

maillog, you can find it in plesk?
since I have access to

otherwise you might just want to look for me

greetings gerard

Here is a guide I found for checking the mail logs on a Plesk server. You need shell access to the server:

https://support.idaq.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=150

I like this option for testing purposes:

You can also view the log file in a way that will print in your SSH session the newest additions added to your log file in a live view way. To do this we use the 'tail' command. Issue the following command to do this -

tail -f /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog

Your SSH session will now print all new additions to your log file for up-to-date analysis. To exit from this press CTRL + C

Or your host should be able to get the logs for you.

Hello all
Who can help me

I xenforo installed and there is probably something went wrong
because the members may have to register but they get no activation email

We have tried everything but we do not get it done.
and that can make a ticket as I can not?

Well I would like to remove everything and start all over again
but no other database can be created

Who would want to do this for me

greetings gerard

Hey Gerard,

Go to the xenforo.com site and click on customer section > open a support ticket.

That said, are you sure other emails are being mailed out? Is your mail sending server running?
If you however install fresh, you can do /install/ after removing from directory internal-data/ the install-lock.php file. If it still goes to upgrade, just replace upgrade with install in the url, the fresh install will ask to remove ALL data from the database (so in case you use that same database for other things .. back it up first).

Also go through your admin.php > options > registration options > and make sure your preferences are set correctly.

Good luck with XenForo.

Hey Gerard,

Go to the xenforo.com site and click on customer section > open a support ticket.

That said, are you sure other emails are being mailed out? Is your mail sending server running?
If you however install fresh, you can do /install/ after removing from directory internal-data/ the install-lock.php file. If it still goes to upgrade, just replace upgrade with install in the url, the fresh install will ask to remove ALL data from the database (so in case you use that same database for other things .. back it up first).

Also go through your admin.php > options > registration options > and make sure your preferences are set correctly.

Good luck with XenForo.

Hi floris

I first was so good you could just register and you got an activation email
but the one way or another something went wrong ..

floris would you like to do it for me
because I myself have no knowledge of php or xenforo

it must me a good time to
something goes wrong then I am dependent on others

greetings gerard

Top Bottom