XF 1.4 Not able to upload files

Hello,

I am not able to attack pictures in posts. The bar reaches to 100% then an error message pops up saying :
-------------
The following error occurred
There was a problem uploading your file.
------------
I checked file permissions and found that :
"data" is set to 0777
"internal_data" is set to 0755

Do these two directories need 0777 permission recursively?

Usually when this happens, there's an error entry on your server's logs. If you have access to them, you can easily find what's wrong.

If you already have your permissions setup correctly, it may be something related to the maximum data allowed in a POST request.

I changed internal_data file to 0777 recursively and the uploading problem is sorted.

Do these two directories need 0777 permission recursively ? Is that how every one leaves them?

I moved this forum to another server and thats when this problem occurred but on the old server uploading was not a problem even with 0755 permission.

I changed internal_data file to 0777 recursively and the uploading problem is sorted.

Do these two directories need 0777 permission recursively ? Is that how every one leaves them?

I moved this forum to another server and thats when this problem occurred but on the old server uploading was not a problem even with 0755 permission.

Maybe when you moved all your files from one server to another, the owner of that files somehow changed in between. If that's the case, the Web server will no longer have write permissions on the files it has created and these type of errors may appear.

Nothing to worry about though.

Old one is Nginx php-fmp and this one is apache with DSO as handler (Yeh I know) . The problem seems to be sorted now but the million dollar question now is :

Do I leave these two directories at 0777 which I set recursively or do a 0755 recursively and then make the main directory 0777? What do you guys do with these files permissions?

Top Bottom