1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Normal?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Carlos, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

So, I go on my daily spam clean up, right?

I try to ban the user, only to find out that the "ban" button was removed from the actual user profile in ACP.

Is this normal for 1.2 and up?

The only two ways that they're banned and shows up in the ban-list, is from the membercard, and allocating the user to a "banned" user group?

This would be the first time I'm using 1.2, so I'm sorry for being behind, lol. :oops:

2. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

In the ACP you can find the Ban option in the Actions dropdown when viewing a user's details.

3. RobParker

RobParker Well-Known Member

I think I've read before that there are some restrictions on the spam cleaner but I can't remember what they are (maybe join date less than x days ago?)

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The Spam Cleaner criteria are completely configurable.
    The Spam Cleaner is not related to banning though.

The Ban link is in the top right of the profile page, along with all the other links.

upload_2013-10-9_15-0-59.png

5. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Yeah, I noticed. I used that button after I realized the button from ACP view was removed.

Now my new method will be this:
    Go to user profile, and click ban.
    Go to user profile in ACP, set the usergroup to banned.

6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

@Martok mentioned where it is in the ACP profile: under the user actions menu at the top.

And if you're setting the user group to banned manually all the time, you should just enable the option to do that ("Add User Group on Ban").

7. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

I see, I see. :D
    Where do I find this? Is this tied to Spam Cleaner? I don't want this to be tied to Spam Cleaner.

8. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

ACP > Options > User Discouragement and Discipline

If you don't know where something is, try the Search at the top right of the ACP. It's very good indeed. I had no idea where this option was but using the search took me right to it. :)