XF 2.2 [/noparse]/ being added to url

~kevin~

At wits end, do not know where to even go to ask for help. I have xenforo installed in a /forum/ folder under wordpress. Started out as a subdomain but was having redirect issues, so did a fresh install under /forum/

[/noparse]/ keeps getting added to my xenforo urls. not sure if this is a wordpress or xenforo issue. Since [/noparse]/ is used in forums for posting code, it is almost impossible to search for an answer without unrelated search results showing up. Even if I am in xenforo and click a link to a forum section, an error comes back - website name/forum[/noparse]/ and I get a wordpress 404 error.

Any link that goes to the forum gets a [/noparse]/ added to it, and you get a wordpress 404 error. Only way to access the forum is to take the [/noparse]/ out by hand, and hit enter.

Noparse isn’t a default XF BB code so the first step I’d take is to reverse the action which added that BB code. Be that disabling the add-on it came with or disabling the BB code you added as a custom BB code.

Then see if that changes the situation.

What is noparse actually being used for? XF has a built in BB code called PLAIN which may be what you want to look at.

Why does noparse appear in so many posts? Is it something you use a lot? Or has it been added to posts automatically somehow?

Noparse isn’t a default XF BB code so the first step I’d take is to reverse the action which added that BB code. Be that disabling the add-on it came with or disabling the BB code you added as a custom BB code.

Then see if that changes the situation.

What is noparse actually being used for? XF has a built in BB code called PLAIN which may be what you want to look at.

Why does noparse appear in so many posts? Is it something you use a lot? Or has it been added to posts automatically somehow?
Thank you for the reply.

This is a new install, no add-ons installed. No custom BB codes set up.

The noparse is in the url, not in the posts.

In the attached image look at the url. This is what happens when you try to access the forum from an external link. Even from inside the forum if the click on the forum homepage you get a wordpress page not found error message.

Attachments

• image_2021-07-18_122420.webp
    image_2021-07-18_122420.webp
    38.3 KB · Views: 8
Thanks guys. I cleared my browser cache and the issue seems to be resolved.

I am still interested in knowing how and why something like no parse would be inserted into a url.

Top Bottom