XF 1.5 None of the Add-ons actually work.

Then you uploaded the files to the wrong place.

The files in the UPLOAD directory should be merged with the (top level) public_html directory.

Liam

Reactions: Xon
This is one of the reasons add-on installer is a great thing, it takes the hassle out of uploading add-on files (assuming they are packaged properly)

This is one of the reasons add-on installer is a great thing, it takes the hassle out of uploading add-on files (assuming they are packaged properly)

Yeah, but for ages the add-on installer didn't handle add-ons with an upper cased UPLOAD directory... Actually, I don't even know if that were ever fixed - I changed my packaging to lower case ;)

Liam

When I first tried to install addons I had not used FTP in about a year, so I tried using the cPanel Filemanager. The problem is that if you have unzipped the addon file on your workstation, you cannot upload all the files at once with the Filemanager, you need to rezip the upload folder and then uncompress it in the Filemanager after it is uploaded. Several times I ended up needing to copy the js or lib folders to their respective targets.

I finally installed the addon installer addon and with that it is simple to just address the zip file on your workstation. Or, if the addon is here in resources, just enter its URL.

Top Bottom