Non-PayPal purchase method?

eviltechie

Is there any way to purchase a license without processing it through PayPal?

All of my credit cards are associated with my PayPal account, and that account is disabled due to PayPal selecting my account for random verification then not sending the mail notification. So, I can't pay anything related to PayPal since my credit cards are associated with the account...and can't be removed without verifying my address...which they're making difficult.

So, can I purchase a license any other way? Moneybookers/Skrill? Google Checkout?

I sent a message via the method suggested, Shamil. Do you know if other people have purchased XenForo through non-PayPal methods? Besides my issues with PayPal, there are a lot of people who won't use PayPal because of their well-known shady business practices. It'd make sense to support multiple payment gateways.

Well, I managed to trick PayPal into taking my payment (new email, alternate CC pointed to the same account, new phone number, etc). So, I'm good for now, got a license purchased. But my point remains, I'd prefer to use other payment gateways, as I know some other people would as well.

I agree with eviltechie, other payment options would be good. PayPal are easy to trade with, but having a more legitimate credit card option would be a good idea. Given that PayPal are not a legal entity there is always a risk of credit card theft involved when using them :(

I agree with eviltechie, other payment options would be good. PayPal are easy to trade with, but having a more legitimate credit card option would be a good idea. Given that PayPal are not a legal entity there is always a risk of credit card theft involved when using them :(
How is there a risk of credit card theft with Paypal...?

They are also a legal entity and are partnered with the majority of banks and credit card companies around the world.

They are also a legal entity and are partnered with the majority of banks and credit card companies around the world.
There is risk of credit card/debit card theft with every merchant or bank owned teller machine.

There is a risk of owning a credit card in general, my point was how is there any more risk than any other credit card processor? The risk is the same no matter who you use.

Not necessarily :). There is an assumed risk of using a credit card no matter where you use it, but is presumed constant at any place you go. However, risk is not evenly distributed. Using a credit card/debit card at certain venues carries more risk than others.

They have been banned in some countries and found guilty of fraud in the past for pretending to be a bank and for seizing money without court authority. I wouldn't trust them as much as I would trust a direct merchant account with a bank.

Top Bottom