Not a bug Non-numeric value encountered

Z41N

Affected version
Hey guys,

Installed Themehouse's UI.X 2 and it's working great - minus the fact I'm getting literally one thousand warnings per hour. It's flooding my error log and I've already reached out to ThemeHouse, but I'm unsure if they would even have a resolution, so now I'm here. This is what I'm seeing (keeping in mind this is several different files, not just one):

1617080604246.png

Now, I took a look at the very first one "uix_config.php" at line 32, and this is what I see:
Code:
dropdownBreakpoint: "' . (0 + $__templater->func('property', array('uix_search_maxResponsiveWidth', ), false)) . '",

This issue occurred immediately after succesffully installing ThemeHouse's UI.X 2.
This was also right out of the box - no changes were made to the code.

I literally have no idea what to do here lol
Looked through Google and Xenforo past bugs - people have either experienced this and:
A) Haven't received a response
B) Received a response back from last year saying that it would be pushed for next "Xenforo update"
C) Lost all hope and swam in the warnings instead

Now I know suppression isn't the way to go, but considering this is just a warning, anyone know how to either fix this or ignore it?

Thanks!!

In the first instance, reporting to ThemeHouse is the best course of action as this is happening entirely in the template code they have written. I'm not sure if they need to be setting default values for properties such as uix_search_maxResponsiveWidth or whether they are doing that and something else has gone wrong.

If they find there's something about their code that we're handling incorrectly then it would be most appropriate for them to feed that back to us.

At the moment this seems like they are trying to add an integer to an empty string, e.g. 0 + "" which isn't really expected to work. There are likely other ways to workaround this.

In the first instance, reporting to ThemeHouse is the best course of action as this is happening entirely in the template code they have written. I'm not sure if they need to be setting default values for properties such as uix_search_maxResponsiveWidth or whether they are doing that and something else has gone wrong.

If they find there's something about their code that we're handling incorrectly then it would be most appropriate for them to feed that back to us.

At the moment this seems like they are trying to add an integer to an empty string, e.g. 0 + "" which isn't really expected to work. There are likely other ways to workaround this.

Thank you, Chris, for the quick reply! I will wait for Themehouse to get back to me and report back to you in case they forgot to mention something.

@Chris D

FYI - they advised that this is because PHP 8.0 isn't supported and that PHP 7.4 would be required.
Would you advise that I downgrade to PHP 7.4 or just.. wait?

If you have third party add-ons which are not compatible with PHP 8.0 then just roll back to 7.4.

PHP 8.0 isn’t unsupported. We’re just not formally recommending it. We’re not currently aware of any outstanding PHP 8.0 compatibility issues so at this point developers need to be making their code compatible with PHP 8.0 or if that isn’t possible then they should be reporting the issues to us so that we’re aware of them.

I haven’t tested but I’m pretty sure that PHP 7.4 would still have grumbles about 0 + "".

Top Bottom