Fixed Nokia Lumia 520/Window 8 Mobile and editor problems

Moshe1010

Few users with Windows 8 mobile complain about the following issues on my forum (checked here as well and could reproduce these issues as well):

1. Bold button doesn't work/non-responsive (maybe others as well) - unless the word/sentence is selected beforehand. Pressing on the bold button without selecting anything doesn't respond.

2. Impossible to change cursor position. For example, users can't put the cursor in the middle of a random word in a sentence. The cursor goes only at the beginning of the word or at the end.

3. When there is scrolling inside the editor (a long paragraph/message), in order to scroll, while composing a message/thread, one should press and hold the display in order to see what he/she wrote at the end of the paragraph/message. Once this user stop holding the display, it jumps back to the beginning of the paragraph.

Last edited:
1.4.2 disables the RTE for IEMobile for some of these reasons. I assume you haven't updated yet?

Can you please confirm your user agent? http://www.whatsmyuseragent.com/

My WP test phone (Lumia 630) disables the RTE as expected by default. I can confirm what you're saying if you explicitly request the desktop version of sites, though arguably that's expected.

I can confirm #2 and #3. In fact that bug is appearing since 1.3.

And I'm still see rte

Code:
Mozilla/5.0 (Mobile; Windows Phone 8.1; Android 4.0; ARM; Trident/7.0; Touch; rv:11.0; IEMobile/11.0; NOKIA; Nokia 625H) like iPhone OS 7_0_3 Mac OS X AppleWebKit/537 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile Safari/537

Can you please confirm your user agent? http://www.whatsmyuseragent.com/

My WP test phone (Lumia 630) disables the RTE as expected by default. I can confirm what you're saying if you explicitly request the desktop version of sites, though arguably that's expected.
Mozilla/5.0 (Mobile; Windows Phone 8.1; Android 4.0; ARM; Trident/7.0; Touch; rv:11.0; IEMobile/11.0; NOKIA; Lumia 520) like iPhone OS 7_0_3 Mac OS X AppleWebKit/537 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile Safari/537

So it looks like the Android 4.0 masquerading triggered first. I just had to check for IEMobile a bit earlier. I've adjusted that for the next 1.4 release.

Top Bottom