XF 2.0 nofollow

dekort

Hi there,

Is the setting 'nofollow' not harmfull for spidering the entire site. I mean when I am f.e. on this page https://xenforo.com/community/forums/xenforo-suggestions.18/ I see al lot of 'nofollow' on internal links, which means, I think, that the google spider shall not follow that link and not indexing that page. For external links I understand the 'nofollow' attribute but for internal links I don't.
Same question for the 'nofollow' attribute on the 'what's new'section.

Each thread there has at least three links.

1. The main title (doesn't have nofollow)
  2. The time stamp of first post (nofollow)
  3. The time of last post (nofollow)
  4. Page link (when threads have more than one page - doesn't have nofollow)

So although yes, there are a lot of nofollows, each internal link has a main link which is follow, so gets spidered. Page links are also followed.

The fact the others don't get followed may even be a good thing, e.g. not wasting the spider's time by providing three links to follow (not sure about that, do spiders care about their time being wasted?)

So you think the 'nofollow' will not have a negative effect ? But isn't it better to add a h2 tag to the main title. On your site the h2 tag is on 'forum overview members online', and on my site there is no h2 tag (!).

So you think the 'nofollow' will not have a negative effect ?

On your site the h2 tag is on 'forum overview members online', and on my site there is no h2 tag (!).

That's because it is a custom made html widget to combine members online and stats. It should have been h3, not h2 so I've now fixed it.

Main title should actually be h1.

It makes sense to me that on the main forum view page, category titles are h2 and forum links are h3

Top Bottom