Nodes background image customization - ThemesCorp.com [Paid] [Deleted]

Allan

Allan submitted a new resource:

Nodes background image customization - ThemesCorp.com - Add a different background for each of your nodes (forums, sub-forums, pages)

Nodes background image customization allows you to add a different background for each of your nodes (forums, sub-forums, pages)

There are no renewal fees!

Features:

• Work on forums, sub-forums and pages
  • Background image stretched to fit whole page
  • Background image fixed when page is scrolled
  • Transparent rendering of style's header for neater rendering

With transparent...

Read more about this resource...

Very interesting addon. Some suggestions:
  1. Allow multiple images per node so that it can fade from one background to the next.
  2. Let users turn this off.
  3. Turn off for mobile users OR load compressed image for mobile.

Very interesting addon. Some suggestions:

Each time you have good ideas I never thought off :)

1. Allow multiple images per node so that it can fade from one background to the next.

That's a very good idea, how would see see from a node edit point of view ?
Up to, let's say, 5 input fields to input url ?
Or another way ?

1. Let users turn this off.

Totally feasible.

1. Turn off for mobile users OR load compressed image for mobile.

Oh yes, didn't think at mobile users.
I will see what I can do in the next release.

Clément

That's a very good idea, how would see see from a node edit point of view ?
Up to, let's say, 5 input fields to input url ?
Or another way ?
5 upload fields would be cool.
I have also considered to suggest a XFMG album, but I am not 100% sure about that. Having a front end album has the benefit that members with permission can add new media. This is great for community spirit.
But for this to work would require image size limits. You cant have members uploading 2MB images resulting in end users loading 20MB pages.

5 upload fields would be cool.

It's not upload fields, its url input fields.

I have also considered to suggest a XFMG album, but I am not 100% sure about that. Having a front end album has the benefit that members with permission can add new media. This is great for community spirit.
But for this to work would require image size limits. You cant have members uploading 2MB images resulting in end users loading 20MB pages.

Size limit is already managed by XFMG, but a specific limit could be added for that.

However, how would you handle the fact that my addon let's you add different background image for each node.

This is a great idea, makes it easier to add custom backgrounds to specific nodes rather than coding it into EXTRA.css for each every single one

Size limit is already managed by XFMG, but a specific limit could be added for that.
that would work.
However, how would you handle the fact that my addon let's you add different background image for each node.
One album per node. Each image in the album is shown for x seconds, before it fades to the next.
Maybe allow a setting to define a default node image album. If a node has no album set then the default album is used.

that would work.

One album per node. Each image in the album is shown for x seconds, before it fades to the next.
Maybe allow a setting to define a default node image album. If a node has no album set then the default album is used.

That makes sense, will envision this when doing the update.

That makes sense, will envision this when doing the update.
one thing i noticed that made me turn off the mod

default bg always comes in a second before new custom bg is loaded

i hope this is fixable somehow in the next release if there is a way around it

one thing i noticed that made me turn off the mod

default bg always comes in a second before new custom bg is loaded

i hope this is fixable somehow in the next release if there is a way around it

This is as designed, it is done so as the background is loaded by some JS that ensures background is stretched to cover the whole page and fix.

Clément

This is as designed, it is done so as the background is loaded by some JS that ensures background is stretched to cover the whole page and fix.

Clément

too bad this is done with JS.
Can this not be done with CSS ?

Top Bottom