XF 2.2 Nodes and Permissions

ChrisTERiS

Seems that still I can't understand how Nodes and Usergroup Permissions work. What I did so far is:
  1. Have set forum relevant permission to each usergroup and works.
  2. For some nodes, I want them to be visible (as Node), but I want to restrict access to Registered.
  3. I changed permissions to those specific nodes for Registered usegroup changing all from Inherit to No. Works.
  4. But now I realized that this special restriction is valid for all usergroups, including Admins
So, does it means that I'll change permission for all rest usergroups in that node and change Inherit to Yes??

This is how the restricted node appears:
1605520939360.webp

Have seen that there is an option at the top of each node to make it Private. But this hides at all the node, something that I want to avoid. I want users without permission to see that there is eg a Support Forum even if they don't have permissions to use it.

Thank you
Chris

All admins and moderating should also be registered users too. Permissions are additive. Not sure if that helps. I didnt entirely follow what you were going for.

After some tests I found that need to set all usergroups. But I used a "trick" that saves my time. I moved all special forums to a category and then I set permissions for that category only. Inherit works fine for forums in that category, so, somehow, I solved my issue.

Thank you

After some tests I found that need to set all usergroups. But I used a "trick" that saves my time. I moved all special forums to a category and then I set permissions for that category only. Inherit works fine for forums in that category, so, somehow, I solved my issue.

Thank you
Could you share a bit more about the steps? I'm trying to restrict access to specific forums for specific members using a User Group format. When you created the new Category, can you share how and where you setup the restricted forums?

Thanks, i'm trying to figure this out... Am I doing it right?

213f0954d3355af1ab8d2bf6b93e7b58.webp

It's personal preference really for the most part.

You can either set the node private and explicitly grant permission, or leave it as a regular node and revoke permission.

It's personal preference really for the most part.

You can either set the node private and explicitly grant permission, or leave it as a regular node and revoke permission.

OK, last question then, am I understanding correctly :

1- I created a new User group, I called ACCESS RESTRICTED.

2- Then I went to Node Permissions, selected a forum node, then a User group, and set General/View node to NO.

3- From now on, any member I assign to this group (ACCESS RESTRICTED) as Secondary group will not be able to see that node?

Thanks!

Andre

I've just discovered that all registered members are able to post in a storage archive forum which has viewing & posting permissions specifically set to ['No'] for the registered user group.
Screenshot_2024-01-07-12-35-32-89_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.webp
Note: Prior to this mornings discovery of a new thread that had been posted in this storage archive forum by a newly registered member, this specific forum-& also it's parent category-permissions for the ['Registered'] user group had ['View thread by others'] set to ['No'].

Additionally, I have also now found that members without access permissions are still able to freely access as well as post in any of their own threads that have since been moved into this admin only storage archive forum.
(¿Though I'm unsure whether this OP thread accessibility regardless of permission settings is normal or not?)

Am I missing something here?

I've just discovered that all registered members are able to post in a storage archive forum which has viewing & posting permissions specifically set to ['No'] for the registered user group.
Note: Prior to this mornings discovery of a new thread that had been posted in this storage archive forum by a newly registered member, this specific forum-& also it's parent category-permissions for the ['Registered'] user group had ['View thread by others'] set to ['No'].

Additionally, I have also now found that members without access permissions are still able to freely access as well as post in any of their own threads that have since been moved into this admin only storage archive forum.
(¿Though I'm unsure whether this OP thread accessibility regardless of permission settings is normal or not?)

Am I missing something here?
Nevermind. It appears this issue is being caused by the [XFA] 'Tournaments' add-on which is currently stuck in a pending state since attempting to uninstall it about two or three days ago.
(*XFA are already working on a fix)

Nevermind. It appears this issue is being caused by the [XFA] 'Tournaments' add-on which is currently stuck in a pending state since attempting to uninstall it about two or three days ago.
(*XFA are already working on a fix)
You could possibly uncheck this within the node settings as a temporary solution.

Screenshot.webp

You could possibly uncheck this within the node settings as a temporary solution.

View attachment 296197
😅Omg, I actually hadn't thought about doing that.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Surprisingly I've figured out another temporary solution by disabling the [XFA] 'Tournaments' add-on.
As soon as I did that, everything went back to normal.

(*although, initially I wasn't sure whether it could be disabled while still struck in the pending uninstall state.)

Top Bottom