Node tree drastic delete!

Morgain

My node tree on this particular site is almost all Link Forums. (They link to Library Articles)
As a result the column on the right is big empty space.
There's just one forum, and the one main Library. Nothing else has content in that column. Neither of those two are really necessary as this is a very static , slow changing site. It#s just about displaying content/ info pages and having a contact page. The one forum acts as a FAQ section but all the posts are by me as long term info items. What's new doesn't matter much it's more the entire collection of pages being tidy and navigable. Minimalist XF.
If I want any news on anything I can use a Notice.

http://fcuk.dev.waindigo.com/

nodetree.webp

One option is to cut out that column completely.
It would need to work on the Link Forum, Forum and Library template that displays their individual listings.
Any advice?

Also why is the site simply too wide? I have about an inch of horizontal scrollbar there which I dont have here or on my other XF installs.

Or, delete this using TMS - node_forum_level_2

Code:
<div class="nodeLastPost secondaryContent">
            <xen:if is="{$forum.privateInfo}">
                <span class="noMessages muted">({xen:phrase private})</span>
            <xen:elseif is="{$forum.lastPost.date}" />
                {xen:phrase latest}: <a href="{xen:link posts, $forum.lastPost}" title="{$forum.lastPost.title}">{xen:helper wordTrim, $forum.lastPost.title, 30}</a>
                <span class="lastThreadMeta"><xen:if is="{xen:helper isIgnored, $forum.last_post_user_id}">{xen:phrase ignored_member}<xen:else /><xen:username user="$forum.lastPost" /></xen:if>, <xen:datetime time="$forum.lastPost.date" class="muted" /></span>
            <xen:else />
                <span class="noMessages muted">({xen:phrase contains_no_messages})</span>
            </xen:if>
        </div>

<div class="nodeControls">
            <a href="{xen:link forums/index.rss, $forum}" class="tinyIcon feedIcon" title="{xen:phrase rss}">{xen:phrase rss}</a>
        </div>

OK I've commented out the CONTENT of the column for both nodes that generate it.
That is the bit that starts

So it's now completely empty.
But I dont know how to disable the column space itself. It'll be one of the containers I guess.
Hmm maybe I could insert something nice in these - a pic - but then I'd need to be able to put a different pic for each of the Link forums.

I now have:
nodetree2.webp

Thanks Matt your EXTRA.css way is more elegant. I'll try that.

Now for something fun to do with the space!
As I said I'd need to tell it to show a different pic per specific node - the Linkforums.
I know that can be done because Jake did it with Category logos long ago.

OK I've commented out the CONTENT of the column for both nodes that generate it.
That is the bit that starts

So it's now completely empty.
But I dont know how to disable the column space itself. It'll be one of the containers I guess.
Hmm maybe I could insert something nice in these - a pic - but then I'd need to be able to put a different pic for each of the Link forums.

I now have:View attachment 38925
If you remove the whole section which I posted above from the template, it won't generate the div area so you'll not have the white space. I've tried this on my test site and seems to work just for forum nodes, and doesn't affect anything else.

Hmm actually I think I HAVE commented out all that, and for the Library node type as well.
Maybe the column is being generated by the Link forums?

Hmm actually I think I HAVE commented out all that, and for the Library node type as well.
Maybe the column is being generated by the Link forums?

Appearance - Styles - STYLE - Style Property Groups - Style Properties: Forum / Node List

Margin Right: delete out (default is 270px I think)

test.webp

Matt any idea why the page is too wide?
It's OK in Chrome but in Firefox it's about an inch past the right side of my screen and my screen is quite wide.
toowide.webp

Top Bottom