Node setup question

TazDevilLooney

Hi people, I'm trying to setup my forum nodes but can't seem to get the layout to work.
I tried this in beta 5 and now on beta 6 with the same results. I'm prob doing something wrong and any help would be gratefull recevied. This is what i'd like to see but unable to create.

nodes.webp

Siblings, childs, category and forum i have tryied in all diffrent orders but no result.

:confused:

What is it you can't do?

Are OS, HardWare and Securtity categories or forums?

Have you set the display order for each node?
The display order is relative to other nodes at the same level, so if you have 3 main categories on the forum home page, 1 would be at the top, then 2, then 3.

Do you have forums on the forum home page or categories?
Are the forums displaying on the home page in the forum root or in categories?
Are the sub-forums in the correct forum?

It's difficult to know what the problem is without knowing how you have it set up.

Well thankyou so much brogan for the help. I just could to get my head around that. I thought it was a bug. But hay it was just me having blond moment. (And yes im blond so i can say it!)

All sorted now.

The solution in the end was to set it up as:

Category
Forum​
Forum​
Forum​
Forum​
Category
Forum​
Forum​
Forum​

That ensures only the parent forum shows in the forum home page, each one in its own category.

No worries, happy to help.

Spot on, Thankyou soooo much
wink.png

All sorted now.

The solution in the end was to set it up as:

Category
Forum​
Forum​
Forum​
Forum​
Category
Forum​
Forum​
Forum​

That ensures only the parent forum shows in the forum home page, each one in its own category.

No worries, happy to help.

Brogan, is there documentation or a tutorial posted anywhere that explains the ins and outs of node tree layout principles?

Top Bottom