Node permissions?

Marc

Hi Guys,
Feelin a little dumb here. I can add usergroup permissions in the relevant area within the development tab. How do I add node permissions?

Yes I got caught by that too! so either I'm dumb too or you're not because I'm highly intelligent ;)

Check the Node Tree. Along the line for each Node see "Permissions"
That shows you the list of usergroups to fiddle as you wish.

Top right you can set permission per user.
Top left make it 100% private EXCEPT if you give a permission through this page.

Yes I got caught by that too! so either I'm dumb too or you're not because I'm highly intelligent ;)

Check the Node Tree. Along the line for each Node see "Permissions"
That shows you the list of usergroups to fiddle as you wish.

Top right you can set permission per user.
Top left make it 100% private EXCEPT if you give a permission through this page.

Think your missing what Im after here m8. Im looking for where I add my own set of permissions to the permissions system. As in extending the permissions

You'd need an addon coded for that. I don't see why that can't be done but it's not something you can do with the system as it is.

You'd need an addon coded for that. I don't see why that can't be done but it's not something you can do with the system as it is.

This is in the developers area. Im developing an addon which is why I am asking how I would go about adding permissions to the node system. You can currently add user permissions from the developer tab when the forum is set up in developer mode.

Basically the question is whether I am being dumb and there is a similar way of adding to the set of node permissions as you can do with the user permissions in developer mode or whether you need to extend xenforo classes in order to extend the functionality of the system. And if so where is the best place for me to be looking in the base code to give me an idea of what I need to extend.

Just to reitterate this is a developer question not a administration question LOL. Its great that you are trying to help people though :) We need more of you people around :)

And now what? 4 years after no answer?;)
I want to add some custom node permissions like global permissions or admin permissions....but i cant find it too.

And now what? 4 years after no answer?;)
I want to add some custom node permissions like global permissions or admin permissions....but i cant find it too.

You add permissions to the 'Forum' permission group. They than appear in the node-specific permissions list.

When checking them, you have to make sure you're using the compiled node permissions for the node - see the forum and thread models for help.

Liam

Top Bottom