No Upgrade Available

Savvy

Trying to upgrade my XenForo software. I'm currently using 1.0.1 and I want to get it up to date but it isn't working for me. This is the message I receive.

No Upgrade Available

You are already running the current version (1.0.1). To do a fresh install, click here.

I downloaded all the upgrade files. Uploaded them to my directory (www.gamerbb.net/forum) and did the overwrite. Still nothing happens, am I doing it wrong?

It's the correct package. I made sure it was the upgrade only package. It may be the wrong location but if I installed the forum at www.abc123.com/forum isn't the "forum" considered the XenForo directory? So that's where I would upload and extract the upgrade files, correct?

That's correct.

I just loaded your page though and there is no upgrade pending message, which happens automatically once the files are uploaded.
So it would appear they haven't been uploaded.

Right, it never did that for me either. I've tried uploading the files 2-3 times already but would it make a different o upload each file separately? It shouldn't right? I've been zipping the Upload file then extract the entire thing int he directory.

Are you sure it's extracting to the directory you upload it to?
The new files definitely aren't being detected as your forum is still fully operational.

It might be easier to unzip it on your PC and then FTP the files to your server.

Right, it never did that for me either. I've tried uploading the files 2-3 times already but would it make a different o upload each file separately? It shouldn't right? I've been zipping the Upload file then extract the entire thing int he directory.

Did you extract the entire contents of the Upload folder like that? If that is what you did, then as Brogan mentioned above, your forum files are not overwritten with the new files. The best way would be to rename the Upload folder to forum (which is the name of the folder where your xenforo files are) and choose for the overwrite option.

Are you sure it's extracting to the directory you upload it to?
The new files definitely aren't being detected as your forum is still fully operational.

It might be easier to unzip it on your PC and then FTP the files to your server.

Positive but I may have to try FileZilla or something.

Did you extract the entire contents of the Upload folder like that? If that is what you did, then as Brogan mentioned above, your forum files are not overwritten with the new files. The best way would be to rename the Upload folder to forum (which is the name of the folder where your xenforo files are) and choose for the overwrite option.

I noticed that it says "Inflating file.xml, etc, etc, etc" with a lot of files. Any clue what that means?

I think you might be better off unzipping the package on your PC and then uploading the files via FTP, overwriting the existing files.

Your FTP client should look like this:

ftp.webp

Drag the contents of the left window to the right window and choose merge/overwrite.

Btw, i just tested this

I had a 1.0.2 forum, without uploading the files, went to /install/ -- top left said: 1.0.2
I uploaded the files, overwriting the ones, merging the dirs, went to /install/ -- top left said: 1.0.3

Your /install/ earlier after you said you uploaded *again*, still said 1.0.1, so the files didn't actually upload properly.

I recommend to use Transmit.app on Mac, or FlashFXP on Windows - they have good error logging and status updates log files, so you can check what's what. Or perhaps figure out in your current FTP client where these log details are.

I think you might be better off unzipping the package on your PC and then uploading the files via FTP, overwriting the existing files.

It takes me an hour or so to upload all the files. The Zend folder in particularly seemed to take forever. Uploading the zip and unzipping on the server takes a minute or so. I know you're just saying this to rule out other errors but I'd still recommend when possible uploading the zip.

(as an aside, should I have been able to access the install script like that?)
Only an administrator can log in to do the actual upgrade.
If you want to protect the directory, see here: http://xenforo.com/community/thread...d-the-install-directory-using-htaccess.13768/

It takes me an hour or so to upload all the files. The Zend folder in particularly seemed to take forever. Uploading the zip and unzipping on the server takes a minute or so. I know you're just saying this to rule out other errors but I'd still recommend when possible uploading the zip.
It was just for this instance as obviously there were problems with unzipping it in the correct directory.
Although personally it takes just 5 minutes to upload the unzipped package for me.

Top Bottom