1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 No Text Field When Creating New Threads.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by jhartley98, Sep 27, 2015.

1. jhartley98

jhartley98 Member

Recently, I've started working on a new website, although one problem I've had both before, and after updating to 1.5, is that when going to create a new thread, there is no text input box. (https://gyazo.com/3cc8c27f44825c13483b93c9a7f56cb6). If it matters, I'm using the "xensplash" theme, from Audentio Design, and I do have xenporta 2 installed (also updated).

Any help is appreciated, and I really hope this is a fix that wont require a full reinstallation. The website is "apheliongaming.net/vanilla".

Thanks, Josh.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Does it work in a default style with add-ons disabled?

If so, you will need to determine whether it is style or add-on related and contact the author of the one causing the problem for support with it.

3. jhartley98

jhartley98 Member

Doesn't work with default style either, but how do I go about disabling an add-on?

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Are you sure you tested in a completely default unedited style?
    The one on your site is definitely not a default style.

You disable add-ons in the ACP at admin.php?add-ons/ by clicking the [Disable All Add-ons] button.

5. jhartley98

jhartley98 Member

**sigh** thanks for responding so quickly Brogan, but I derped a bit and didnt even attempt looking at the page source. For some reason "display: none" was set in the textArea. All fixed now, thanks again :)