No posts show after vb3.8x import

Phil Conway

I've just imported from an existing vb 3.8x forum.

After the import, all threads, users and attachments seem to have been pulled across, but I've noticed two problems:

1) When you click on any thread, no posts are displayed, even when there are posts present in the thread. (see below pic).

2) Clicking on any thread link from the front page generates an error stating "The requested post could not be found." The link for each thread appears as http://www.nucastle.co.uk/index.php?posts/0/

I've tried rebuilding my indexes without success. There are no errors in the xF server error log.

Any ideas or guidance would be appreciated :)

Attachments

• noposts.webp
    noposts.webp
    84 KB · Views: 6
  • eventsindex.webp
    eventsindex.webp
    125.4 KB · Views: 6
Do you have a back up of 3.8.x db?

Did you run maintenance tools on 3.8.x before import, such as rebuild post cache, remove all plugins etc?

You may just have to do the import again. If you can't face that I suggest hiring someone to do it :)

I assume everything works when you create a new thread?

2) Clicking on any thread link from the front page generates an error stating "The requested post could not be found." The link for each thread appears as http://www.nucastle.co.uk/index.php?posts/0/

That makes me think you need to run these:

Admin CP -> Tools -> Rebuild Caches
> Rebuild Thread Information
> Rebuild Forum Information

If that doesn't work then there might actually be 0 posts in that forum. Make sure the posts exist in the vB database.

I tried running those with no success before I posted. Poked around in the vb database and the posts are definitely there. Posting new threads works without any problems.

I'm currently trying again with a fresh copy of xF, hopefully this will work.

I would like to examine the two databases if you are willing to give me access to your server. Or I can try running the import myself if you give me a copy of your database.

Sorted. Cloned the database and ran the xF conversion on the cloned copy. I suspect there was a vB cron job running which was affecting the import.

Posts now imported, sorting the attachments now and then it should be complete :)

Top Bottom