no permission?

So you cannot view demo's or anything unless you're a licensed customer?....

Correct. There are normally live demos associated to resource posts that are posted here at xenforo so your likely to be able to see what your wanting to view at the respected posters sites.

So you cannot view demo's or anything unless you're a licensed customer?....

The XF admin demo is here: http://xenforo.com/demo/

AFAIK anyone can access that.

The rest of the customer resources are for valid license holders. Once you've bought XF just associate your license with your forum account and you get the full monty.

If you have any questions about specific resources you can ask in the pre-sales forum.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Sounds like a pretty impetuous scheme to get clients and has deterred me from even considering purchasing the software.
Actually it's because attachments are controlled by one permission, so by allowing you to view images you'd also be able to download add-ons.

But, you're entitled to believe whatever theory and/or conspiracy you feel it is.

Sounds like a pretty impetuous scheme to get clients and has deterred me from even considering purchasing the software.
The Resource Manager will get around the limitation when it's release here to allow us to post screenshots and allow them to be viewed by anyone while still keeping the actual add-on package kept for customer-only access.

Sounds to me like someone is running XF under the hood and wants some addons. Buy the software and you'll be able to access anything you want.

Under the hood? Why would want addons to software I don't have? I am not trying to download the addons. You clearly did not read my post. And you're saying buy the software, have faith, don't worry about looking at the addons until you've paid $140.00... lol?

Under the hood? Why would want addons to software I don't have? I am not trying to download the addons. You clearly did not read my post. And you're saying buy the software, have faith, don't worry about looking at the addons until you've paid $140.00... lol?
There's always reading the content of the message to know what something does, ;) .

This isn't the only forum that disallows non-licensed customers to access add-ons, view attached images, etc.

It's your choice to purchase a license for $140 and once you do, you will gain more privileges on the forum once you've edited your forum accounts Via license.
Or, if you have a friend that owns a license, they can add your username/email to their license, so that you can gain more privileges as well. Either way works, (y)

Other than those methods above, you can't view attached images or download add-ons ( attachments ) .

If you're not trying to download add-ons, what are you trying to do then that is giving you that restricted feeling? Info for add-ons are generally in posts part of it's content in the way of release versions and feature lists. Live demos are put up at the respected authors sites so your able to view what the add-on does (pending it's not backend functionality) or requires you to register to allow you to see what it's all about.

What I'm saying really is the things I mentioned offer you more than simply the restriction your stating which btw is standard procedure. Just trying to understand your post because your never forced to buy anything you truly don't or ever intended to purchase.

You CAN look at demos. At the other person's website. You're only getting permission errors when you try to look at attachments. That's pretty much to be expected with any software add-on forum.

Please stop trying to make me re-consider people, it won't happen. I'm not purchasing your product after what I've seen. I've unsubscribed to this topic so your begging and pleading will not longer flood my inbox.

Best of luck.

Please stop trying to make me re-consider people, it won't happen. I'm not purchasing your product after what I've seen. I've unsubscribed to this topic so your begging and pleading will not longer flood my inbox.

Best of luck.
Can someone explain to me what just happened?

No the person thinks we are begging him/her to purchase XenForo. Clearly, doesn't understand what he/she is actually missing out.

And as mentioned above, why would anyone want to download add-ons without actually owning the software? It's a different thing with images for theme previews but seriously add-ons?

Best of luck.

Come Again !

No the person thinks we are begging him/her to purchase XenForo. Clearly, doesn't understand what he/she is actually missing out.

And as mentioned above, why would anyone want to download add-ons without actually owning the software? It's a different thing with images for theme previews but seriously add-ons?
I don't think he wanted to download add-ons, but he apparently never understood that demo links were not the same as attachment links, and he could have looked at those at any time. He duped himself, when no duping was going on.

Top Bottom