Not a bug No news feed handler for 'xfmg_comment' after upgrade to RC1

Sim

Affected version
RC1
Upgraded to RC1 (and had an issue rebuilding albums are per this bug report: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/error-while-upgrading-to-rc1.136880/)

Then when I went to add a new comment to an existing media item, I received the following error:

InvalidArgumentException: No news feed handler for 'xfmg_comment' in src/XF/Repository/NewsFeed.php at line 104
  1. XF\Repository\NewsFeed->getNewsFeedHandler() in src/XF/Behavior/NewsFeedPublishable.php at line 116
  2. XF\Behavior\NewsFeedPublishable->isPublishable() in src/XF/Behavior/NewsFeedPublishable.php at line 43
  3. XF\Behavior\NewsFeedPublishable->publish() in src/XF/Behavior/NewsFeedPublishable.php at line 37
  4. XF\Behavior\NewsFeedPublishable->postSave() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1112
  5. XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save() in src/addons/XFMG/Service/Comment/Creator.php at line 121
  6. XFMG\Service\Comment\Creator->_save() in src/XF/Service/ValidateAndSavableTrait.php at line 40
  7. XFMG\Service\Comment\Creator->save() in src/addons/XFMG/Pub/Controller/AbstractComment.php at line 203
  8. XFMG\Pub\Controller\AbstractComment->actionAddComment() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 249
  9. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 89
  10. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 41
  11. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 1852
  12. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 328
  13. XF::runApp() in index.php at line 13
I note that this does not occur on xenforo.com - so I'm assuming that something went wrong as part of the upgrade.

I'm not concerned about trying to fix my install - it's just a dev server - but that also means I have no backup to be able to revert back and try again. I guess I could reinstall the last beta and try the upgrade again to see if it reoccurs.

Can you try rebuilding the add-on? Admin CP > Add-ons > Menu > Rebuild

The content type field and handler class is included so I think this is a side effect of the upgrade being interrupted before rather than being a separate bug.

Top Bottom