XF 2.2 No Install App button

nektarios

Hi guys.

I cannot display the "Install App" button on the off canvas menu unless I modify the PAGE_CONTAINER template by removing style="display: none;" in the following line:
div class="offCanvasMenu-installBanner js-installPromptContainer" style="display: none;" data-xf-init="install-prompt">

Using the default template for testing

Furthermore, clicking on Install App doesn't do anything on my Samsung Note 10+.

P.S. I however get the prompt to add my site to the Home page.

Any help?

Thank you.

There's a reference to a manifest in your site's code, but it's not from XF -- it appears to be from Tapatalk.

So you either have outdated templates or an add-on is interfering with XF's standard output.

There's a reference to a manifest in your site's code, but it's not from XF -- it appears to be from Tapatalk.

So you either have outdated templates or an add-on is interfering with XF's standard output.

Thanks for your answer.

You are probably seeing my live site. I haven't update it yet as I need do some testing first due to its big size.

Please replace www with dev in the url as I don't want to post it here.

Regards.

Ahh, sorry, you're right. The correct manifest path does load there. But you haven't specified any icons. See the PWA setup section in the control panel.

Note that you can debug things like this by opening Chrome's dev tools and going to Application > Manifest. It will report potential issues there.

My bad.

I have been restoring a backup several times and I forgot to do it the last time.

Just did. I don't know if I have to wait for some time before it appears or should I clear cookies or something as I don't see it yet.

Thanks

A hard refresh can pick it up, though that's more applicable to desktop. A hard refresh does show the install icon in the address bar there, so it should get picked up over time, when the browsers recheck the manifest file (usually daily).

Hi.

I figured out what the problem is but I cannot solve it.

I use cloudflare with rocket loader on. I reall need this as I have several js code and banners.

If I disable rocket loader I can see the button. I tried to create a page rule for the xf js folder but it doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Anyone else having problems with cloudflare's rocket loader?

Can I make the button be there permanently and not dependent on some sort of javascript which is affected by cloudflare?

Thank you.

Unfortunately I can't really speak to Rocket Loader issues. It completely changes the execution model of the JS and thus can violate expectations about the code.

Can I make the button be there permanently and not dependent on some sort of javascript which is affected by cloudflare?
Unfortunately no, the button requires a previous JS event to be fired and captured in order to function. (This is a browser restriction.)

Top Bottom