1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No email confirmation?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by MirandaSings, Jul 12, 2015.

1. MirandaSings

MirandaSings Active Member

Hi, my friends haven't received an email confirmation after they make their accounts so they can't confirm it.

Any idea why?

Server error log says:

It says email to _____ failed. Unable to send mail. mail(): Policy restriction is in effect. The fifth parameter is disabled on this system.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  2. imthebest

imthebest Formerly Super120

You have posted in the wrong forum, you need to post this in the support forum.

3. MirandaSings

Sorry I'll post in correct section next time.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  4. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

I have moved it to the correct forum.

IIRC this might be down to the -f parameter which is an option in Email Options in the Admin CP. Switch that off and see if it helps.

5. MirandaSings

• Set return path with -f parameter (recommended, but does not work on all servers)
    I unchecked that, but still doesn't work :/

6. Chris D

In that case it may be a server configuration issue. For that you would need to contact your host.

7. MirandaSings

Is there some sort of guide on here?

Also says
    Zend_Mail_Transport_Exception: Email to Zipporah2012@hotmail.com failed: Unable to send mail. - library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Sendmail.php:137

8. Chris D

It's a server configuration / policy so not something we have a guide for, no.

That error is likely related.

9. _NANO_

_NANO_ Member

Hi
    Some of my users are receiving their confirmation emails in spam folder (gmail) and some users are simply not receiving anything.

All email options are default, what I can do?

10. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

First thing.. check to see if your domain/IP is blacklisted in any of the spam lists
    http://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx