1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not a Bug No editor options on iOS

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Rodolfo, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Rodolfo

Rodolfo Member

Hi, I dont know if this have been already posted but the editor options to format text, color, etc. doesnt work at all on iOS (Im testing on my iPad). Im attaching a screen of the problem, taken directly from the device.

Hope you can review this.

2. Jeremy P

Jeremy P Well-Known Member

The WYSIWYG editor is purposely disabled on mobile devices because it simply won't work on them.
  3. Rodolfo

Rodolfo Member

Thats sad. :(
  4. Jeremy P

Jeremy P Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure it's more the fault of iOS than the WYSIWYG editor though. Something about how the browser handles the implementation isn't right.
  5. HWS

HWS Well-Known Member

vBulletin Editor works fine at iPad. So it CAN work, I am sure that this will get addressed in the next version.

Also you may try the Add-On for MarkItUp Editor you find in ressources here. This works at mobile devices and our users are satisfied with it for the moment.
  6. simbolo

simbolo Well-Known Member

vBulletin uses ckeditor where xF uses tinymce. Tinymce is working on support for ios. I'm sure we'll see it on xF when tinymce supports it.
    Jeremy P likes this.