1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RM 1.1 No button to discussion thread

Discussion in 'Resource Manager Support' started by GliX, Oct 28, 2014.

1. GliX

GliX Active Member

When I post a resource I don't see the discussion button for it. Although topic in the right forum is created, but there are no resource-related buttons in topic. I can not understand why this happened, because in older topics and resources all ok.

RM 1.1.4 with no addons related to it.
    XF 1.4.2.

I found this code in template:
        <xen:if is="{$thread}"><class="callToAction" href="{xen:link threads, $thread}"><span>
    xen:phrase discuss_this_resource}
    xen:if is="{$thread.reply_count}"><small class="minorText">{xen:phrase replies}: {xen:number $thread.reply_count}, {xen:phrase latest}: {xen:datetime $thread.last_post_date}</small></xen:if>
    How can i var_dump $thread to search for the causes of the problem?
  2. GliX

GliX Active Member

In database (xf_resouce table) - field discussion_thread_id is 0 for problem resouces.

No related addons for this field too:
    root@***:~# grep -rl discussion_thread_id /var/www/main/data/www/***.me/library/
  3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I'm trying to recall a previous thread/ticket about this.

How long are the resource titles?
  4. GliX

GliX Active Member

Very short - 4 letters for test.
  5. Brogan

To follow up, this has been resolved via ticket.
    GliX likes this.
  6. GliX

GliX Active Member

Thanks @Brogan managed to solve the problem. Problem was in addon, which records in a specific table id's of all the posted threads.

Code of that addon:

class DAPFYandexSearch_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread extends XFCP_DAPFYandexSearch_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread
        public function 
    $thread $this->getMergedData();
    $db XenForo_Application::get('db');

$data['thread_id'] = $thread['thread_id'];
    $data['date'] = time();

7. Brogan

Thanks for the feedback on which add-on it was.
  8. MattH

MattH Active Member

Hi Brogan,

I'm having a similar issue, but only with one resource... others have a discussion thread, but this one does not. I had previously used tabs by @Waindigo but removed that add-on, and can't figure out why the discuss resource button has now vanished just for one item?