As designed No ability to increase the size of the message box

DomainArchitect.com

When either creating a new thread or editing one, I do not see a way to expand the area of the message box (where this message currently appears). I searched and maybe this has been reported or perhaps it is a known issue and I should be using a different browser.

Browser: Chrome

Clicking back into the text box will sort this. This is a tough issue to deal with because we don't know when the image is finished loading.

I can't scroll down or access the text below the image.
g.gif
If you need help with your installation, associate your forum account with your licence and post in the customer support forums.

Have you been able to reproduce this problem?

I know it was mentioned that this is how it was designed, but there is no reason why we shouldn't be able to manually resize the message box when the editor is on.

Can we expect a fix?

Clicking back into the text box will sort this. This is a tough issue to deal with because we don't know when the image is finished loading.

In Chrome, I click back in the box and it selects the image, it does nothing to expand the test box. I have been bothered by this since posting this because this made the forum more difficult for me to use. Today, I inadvertently moved the cursor to the right after selecting the image and the text box expanded automatically. What a relief!

I thought you should know that.

For the quick reply width you can add some CSS:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> EXTRA.css

Add this code:

Code:
#QuickReply textarea
{
width: 600px !important;
}

For the full reply width:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Style Properties -> Forms -> Form Width

Top Bottom