NHL Thread

Static-Xbox

Any hockey fans around Xenforo?

It seemed appropriate to start a thread today now that hockey's back, so here we go. I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan (since '96!), and I'm extremely excited to see Jaromir Jagr in a Stars uniform. As I type this, the first period of the first game of the season has just wrapped up, and Jagr scored the first goal of the season (666th of his career :D) on the breakaway. Great goal, and a great early showing from the Stars.

Elsewhere around the league, the defending Champion LA Kings lost in spectacular fashion, which is always nice :). The Senators managed a pretty impressive opening day win over Winnipeg, which was also nice. Still watching a few other scores, but a great opening day of hockey.

Any other hockey fans out there?

My Capitals bit the dust last night against Tampa...they just looked awful. Guess they need to get used to the new coach and get their intensity back.

They weren't as bad as the Jets, I'd say. The Jets looked pretty good for the first ten minutes or so, and then wow. Just a lot of scrambling about and falling over. A bit of a shocking start for them!

The Stars didn't look too great after that first period, either. They won, and Jagr was an absolute beast, but they certainly made it hard on themselves doing it!

Top Bottom