1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nginx Support?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Saud, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Saud

Saud Member

One final question prior to my purchase. Does XenForo support NgineX and if so does anyone have the virtual host configuration?

thanks

2. Rigel Kentaurus

Rigel Kentaurus Well-Known Member

3. euantor

euantor Well-Known Member

To put it short, yes. There's a large majority of users using nginx with XF as far as I'm aware.

Adam Howard likes this.
  4. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

So I know nothing about running a server... I have people that do that for me...

So my host installs nginx... where do I configure it? Where do I put all that code that Rigel posted?

Do I even need to configure nginx for XenForo? Couldn't I just have it installed and then call it a day?

5. tyteen4a03

tyteen4a03 Well-Known Member

You obviously can, but you'll lose friendly-URLs.

6. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

Couldn't I just do friendly urls with htaccess?

7. Sheratan

Sheratan Well-Known Member

You can use friendly URL in nginx.

nginx does not support htaccess

8. tyteen4a03

tyteen4a03 Well-Known Member

He was talking about just running XF on nginx without any configuration at all.

9. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

What if I am using nginx in front of apache, isntead of outright replacing it. Wouldn't it support htaccess then?

10. euantor

Yes, because then requests should be reverse proxies to Apache - which does support htaccess.

11. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

Then in that case, I can just have them install nginx as a front end... and call it a day? =P

Instant boost of performance, no downsides?

12. euantor

So long as you tell them you wish to reverse proxy to Apache, yes.

As for instant performance increases, I can't say. Nginx is good, but its not completely magical ;)