Nginx rules and registration errors

mrmad

Hi there,
I have a vps server running with nginx php5-fpm and apc running pretty fine until a couple of days until I tried to update to php5.5 which didn't come out the way I expected and so I decided to downgrade. Oddly enogh a php info file says it is PHP Version 5.4.17RC1 , php -v command in terminal says:
Code:
PHP 5.3.24 (cli) (built: Jul  5 2013 23:31:37)

The vps is used for wordpress and xenforo with wordpress installed here /var/www/website/ and xenforo
in /var/www/website/forum.

I have one nginx.conf file for wordpress and xenforo. The xenforo configuration which used to work until a couple of days without any problems:

PHP:
###xenforo
location /forum/ {
    try_files $uri $uri/ /forum/index.php?$uri&$args;
    index index.php index.html;
}

location /forum/internal_data/ {
    internal;
}
location /forum/library/ {
      internal;
}
}
}

Pretty URLs are enabled and working. The problem now is that no user can register : server error is show as the are redirected to the following page http://www.domain.tld/forum/login/login nor can users be created manually in the admin backend. Simply nothing happens when the settings are saved.
The error log doesn't show anything and this problem happens no matter which plugins are enabled or disabled.
I would be grateful for any help since a forum where registration does not work is pretty useless.

Oddly enogh a php info file says it is PHP Version 5.4.17RC1 , php -v command in terminal says:
Code:
PHP 5.3.24 (cli) (built: Jul  5 2013 23:31:37)

Is it possible that you have different versions installed for 1) the CLI version of PHP and 2) the FPM version? Check the binaries, e.g.

/usr/bin/php5 -v
/usr/bin/php5-cgi -v
/usr/sbin/php5-fpm -v

The error log doesn't show anything and this problem happens no matter which plugins are enabled or disabled.

You can get very detailed log information to pinpoint the error by adding the following snippet to your nginx.conf file:

Code:
events {
    debug_connection <your ip>;
}

Make sure to reload your nginx configuration, then check the error file for details as you visit your site and force the error.[/quote]

hmm, the nginx error log doesn't show any error for today but I think you nailed down the problem:
Code:
/usr/bin/php5 -v
PHP 5.4.17RC1
Code:
/usr/bin/php5-cgi -v
PHP 5.4.17RC1 (cgi-fcgi)

Code:
/usr/sbin/php5-fpm -v
[10-Jul-2013 17:35:34] NOTICE: PHP message: PHP Deprecated:  Comments starting with '#' are deprecated in /etc/php5/fpm/conf.d/20-apc.ini on line 1 in Unknown on line 0
[10-Jul-2013 17:35:34] NOTICE: PHP message: PHP Deprecated:  Comments starting with '#' are deprecated in /etc/php5/fpm/conf.d/20-apc.ini on line 2 in Unknown on line 0
[10-Jul-2013 17:35:34] NOTICE: PHP message: PHP Warning:  Module 'apc' already loaded in Unknown on line 0
[10-Jul-2013 17:35:34] NOTICE: PHP message: PHP Warning:  Module 'PDO' already loaded in Unknown on line 0
PHP 5.4.17RC1 (fpm-fcgi) (built: Jun 22 2013 08:46:31)
Copyright (c) 1997-2013 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.4.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2013 Zend Technologies

Any idea?

Hi, I do not use a panel at all.
I believe the problem was APC. Now with Xcache and Memcached I don't have any problems, however it is a real pity about apc because the server used to be much snappier and faster (especially wordpress) with APC.

Top Bottom