XF 1.5 Nginx & friendly urls while using a portal

rivacom

I can't seem to get Friendly URL's to work, i've used the below in my config, while my homepage works fine. When I try to get to the forum portion going to /forums/ it instantly returns a 404. I'm using the [Extra] Portal addon for this.

Code:
server {
        server_name revenantgaming.com;
        root /home/revenant/web/revenantgaming.com/public_html;

location / {
        try_files $uri $uri/ /index.php?$uri&$args;
        index index.php index.html;
}

location /internal_data/ {
        internal;
}

location /library/ {
        internal;
}

location ~ \.php$ {
        fastcgi_pass    127.0.0.1:9000;
        fastcgi_param   SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
        include         fastcgi_params;
}

}

Any ideas?

Thanks for the heads up i'll check out the 404 error.

So the error I see says it's looking for /forums/index.php when my index is in root. But this is because of the portal addon. So the portal loads when you goto root, but /forums/ loads the forum portion(even though the forum is in root).

I've tried so many variations of this, fresh install of xenforo in root. If I click a forum it's going to site.com/forums/mainforum and I get a 404 error. If nothing above seems wrong, why isn't this working?

What OS are you using for your server? If CentOS, I'd highly recommend using CentMin. Makes setting up nginx a breeze (in a secure manner) and you can get tons of help on CentMin from @eva2000's site.
Depending on what you've installed, it might be easier to start a fresh burn of the server OS (after exporting your DB and archiving your current file structure for the site) and saving it locally for importation.

Thanks @Tracy Perry , I was using debian but figure'd i'd give centos a shot. After a couple of frustrating nights(apparently CSF is way too strict, blocking my upload of 15,000 files). I got Centmin loaded with nginx and the works, files restored, database restored. Now the exact same code above works , but never did for debian... not sure but im glad it's working. Thanks for the help!

Top Bottom