Next release?

Ryan Kent

I noticed there was a 2 week period between Release 1 and 2. It's been about 2 weeks since then, so I was wondering if anyone could speculate on the next release timing.

I hate to ask this type of question. My reasoning is I plan to install a new forum soon and would prefer to wait a few days if another release is coming, rather then installing now then upgrading.

Upgrading is a 5 minute task so it really won't make much difference whether you install the current version and upgrade later or wait for the next release.

Upgrading is a 5 minute task so it really won't make much difference whether you install the current version and upgrade later or wait for the next release.

The time for the upgrade is not a concern for me. I was reviewing the Installation and Upgrade Problems section and...well...I'd like to avoid posting in that section for as long as possible
smile.png

Most people have no problems upgrading.
If you follow the instructions then that should also be the case for you.

I have upgraded every release since Beta 1 on two different installations without a single issue.

Besides which, the stable release is just the start, you'll have to upgrade when the next release is out anyway so might as well get some practice in now ;)

Release Canidate number 3 (assuming that there isnt going to be a fully "stable" version) wont be a finalized version of the software. So it would be best to install now, wait for the next releaase so that you can figure out how its works on your server. If there is a problem, you can discuss it with people on here and figure out if its with the software or with your server configurations. Saving you headaches down the road. Also, there are only a small handful of people with actual installation problems, the rest is just misconfigurations with many problems resolved with each update. I've installed this software on three servers in total (one main, one test sever that I've changed severs twice) and have yet to had a problem that wasn't of my own stupidity.

I predict a Thursday release. Friday support and bug fixes :). Note: Not saying gold is coming. Just they release it and people report a lot of bugs within 24 hours of release so they fix and give support.

Top Bottom