1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed News feed enable option not respected by templates

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Mike Tougeron, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Mike Tougeron

Mike Tougeron Well-Known Member

In the quick_navigation_menu template, it'd be nice if there is an if statement around the news feed links. Otherwise the links show up even if the news feed is disabled.

Instead of these two lines in the template:
    <li><a href="{xen:link recent-activity}">{xen:phrase recent_activity}</a></li>
    <li><a href="{xen:link account/news-feed}">{xen:phrase your_news_feed}</a></li>

wrap them in the if like:
    <xen:if is="{$enableNewsFeed}"><li><a href="{xen:link recent-activity}">{xen:phrase recent_activity}</a></li></xen:if>
    <xen:if is="{$enableNewsFeed}"><li><a href="{xen:link account/news-feed}">{xen:phrase your_news_feed}</a></li></xen:if>

As always, thanks for the good work.
    -Mike

erich37 likes this.
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

There are links all over to this. I think this is probably more of a bug actually.

3. Mike Tougeron

oops, I think it would be <xen:if is="{$xenOptions.enableNewsFeed}"> since {$enableNewsFeed} value isn't set to the template when it's loaded via AJAX

ragtek likes this.
  4. Mike Tougeron

FYI, this is still an issue in the v1.1.0-b1 template.

5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Fixed now.

6. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

I just disabled the news feed here:

pic001.jpg

Problem is when viewing the Forum-View page I still see and can click the rss icons. I'm on v1.1.3.

7. xf_phantom

xf_phantom Well-Known Member

That's for the newsfeed /activity stream (too many different and confusing names for the same thing ) and not for the rss feed

8. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

Thanks. I wonder is there a RSS news feed master enable/disable switch?

9. xf_phantom

xf_phantom Well-Known Member

10. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

Thank you.