New xF Host design - 1st Peek!

Mike Edge

So with the 1.2 release, I'm also going to be rebuilding my site. I decided to build it inside of xF. Here is a 1st look at the header. Would love input!

xfhost1stlook.webp

Only thing I'd say is that it should really have a unique layout (or even just colorscheme) instead of the default one with a tweaked header. Something that goes well with the 'way too happy man' :P

Do minor niggles count? If so, the blue of the telephone number button is too dark blue for my liking; I think it would be better if it used a shade similar to xenBasic and xenTastic plan headers. :D

(I did say it was minor ... ;)).

I was thinking that shade to make it stand out but the more I look at it the more I see that the phone number button shade should change

Looks good to me.

In Mike's case I actually prefer a look similar to the stock. It aligns itself to the core product - after all he is a Xenforo host - and therefore gives re-assurance. If it was skinned to look completely different, there would be no visual linkage between his services and Xenforo's standard theme. Hope that makes sense?

I actually like the dark blue phone number at the top of the page. I assume that's for sales and/or for support?

The only niggle I have is that I only prefer that stock navbar on the Xenforo site, don't care of it on other sites, don't know why, maybe just familiarity.

Looks good to me.

In Mike's case I actually prefer a look similar to the stock. It aligns itself to the core product - after all he is a Xenforo host - and therefore gives re-assurance. If it was skinned to look completely different, there would be no visual linkage between his services and Xenforo's standard theme. Hope that makes sense?

Exactly my approach. I want the site design to say that we're not just another host that xF might work on, but that we specialize in xF with knowledge for the product and our solutions come managed for it.

Exactly my approach. I want the site design to say that we're not just another host that xF might work on, but that we specialize in xF with knowledge for the product and our solutions come managed for it.

I think what you've done is good thus far. Not many companies can boast from looking at a colour theme that they know who the company/site is. I know looking at your consistent colour theme and branding I know who the person/site/company is so great job on that.

Still, I really would like to punch the crap out of that characters face and see if he continues smiling then.

Top Bottom