New Version Packages:

1im

I currenty have 1.4.8 installed, I am currently uploading 1.4.9. I checked the "Download the Upgrade Package Only".

For some reason I doubt its the changed files only. 3000+ files.. This is the not the only issue I had with this, each release has all the files.

Shouldn't the check "Download the upgrade package only" consist of only changed files?

If not, can we get this option? =0

The upgrade package removes certain directories that could cause data loss if uploaded from the fresh install package. There are no plans to implement a differential package at this time.

The upgrade package removes certain directories that could cause data loss if uploaded from the fresh install package. There are no plans to implement a differential package at this time.

Where can I view a list of changed files for each release for future reference.

If I see no files in the styles directory hasnt been changed, no point in reuploading it =]

Whole point of wanting another install package.

There isn't a comprehensive list of files changed unless you perform a diff of the package from the version you are upgrading from.

There isn't a comprehensive list of files changed unless you perform a diff of the package from the version you are upgrading from.

So your telling me xen's coders don't know which files they have changed from 1.4.8 to 1.4.9?

I'm not a XenForo developer and I know that I don't have a list of files. For me to obtain one, I would be doing the exact action I told you would be the only easy way to determine changed files.

Doing an upgrade package the way you would suggest would require a different package from each version to each later version.

It would also require that the correct package is used by customers, depending on their current version.
A recipe for disaster.

Only scenario in my opinion where this would even matter would be if you make changes to the core files, which is a really BAD idea. No need for core file changes when there is such an awesome hook/callback/template mod system which let's you extend most of the Base without file changes.

All upgrades are easy..... Overwrite everything.

Generally, when upgrading XenForo I use rsync to copy only the changed files to my server. Saves a lot of time and bandwidth, and works better than SCP. Obviously you'll need SSH access to your server to do that, though.

I've only ever modified 1 core file, /library/model/Avatar.php - it doesn't matter which files change, nobody really makes edits to them.

Top Bottom