New VB4->XF2 conversion: digitalpinballfans.com

Grant

Hello

I've just taken over the reigns of https://digitalpinballfans.com

The site was launched ten years ago originally as a fan-site for the virtual pinball game, Pinball Arcade by FarSight Studios, and later went on to cover all types of virtual pinball

The site owner was planning to close the site down, but I reached out to him to see if he would be willing to pass the site on rather than close it down.

It was running on VB4, with very few add-ons so converting it to XF 2 was a complete doddle :)

I'm using AMS (with a few template tweaks) by @Bob for articles, and will be adding IMS to create a database of pinball tables. The theme is a slightly tweaked BOLT by the awesome @Russ

Screenshot 2022-09-07 at 14.32.02.pngScreenshot 2022-09-07 at 14.25.01.pngScreenshot 2022-09-07 at 14.24.52.png

Looks good, nice and clean layout. Looks like you have some duplicated widgets in the sidebar - members online, staff online, latest posts

What is the red dot between profile pic and thread title supposed to represent?

On the Bolt theme, if I remember correctly, it is "unread posts".

Not sure how that would be relevant as a guest and the titles are not bold but it's on every post. Plus clicking it does nothing and there is no tooltip to say what it is. Looks like clutter to remove.

Not sure how that would be relevant as a guest and the titles are not bold but it's on every post. Plus clicking it does nothing and there is no tooltip to say what it is. Looks like clutter to remove.

I think it might be as I've font-awesome's solid style on. When I look at the default BOLT it appears to change based on status (see screenshot)

Screenshot 2022-09-08 at 09.49.58.webp

Looks like a bug, that I should mention to @Russ

Top Bottom