XF 2.0 Pre-Import Questions re: vB4 & XF2 co-existing temporarily

JonUrban

I previously had set up a local system, installed XF2, imported a backup of my vB4, and played around with it. Got used to it.
Tonight I loaded XF2 onto the real website, installed into a new directory, lets say it's ABCDE. My vB4 forum in in the "forums" directory. (If you enter the .com address right now, it automatically loads the /forums directory and the vB4 forum main page, as it always has)

I installed the xF2 without issue, but did not know what to put in the "Home Page URL" block of the "Setup Options" page (Board Title, Board URL, Contact Email, Home Page URL), because I did not want anything to interfere with the still open vB4 forum (not ready to import yet). so I just put website.com/xf. I assume that's not going to be an issue right now, right?

So, a few questions:

1) The question above
2) When I import the data and move to xF, can I safely rename my test directory ABCDE to "forums" after deleting or renaming the original vB4 directory?
3) What do I have to change with regard to install parameters since the initial install was into temp directory ABCDE, not a directory named "forums"
4) Are there any issues with having both brands of forum software active at the same time on the same server for the next few weeks (xF Forum closed)?
5) Anything else important to be aware of?

OR, once I am really ready to import, should I just blow this entire installation away, close the vB4 forum, upload and reinstall xF and import at the same time?

Sorry to be a pain, but this is not something I do very often! :)

Thanks

Top Bottom