XF 2.0 New Threads Widget

pjfry

Hello,

I try do create a Portal Page just with the build-in widget system. So is there a possibility to change the information and layout of this widget template? To be a bit more concrete:

I like to show the latest 5 new threads of a forum. This right now works very well - I see the new Threads in a List with the normal list data.

What I want to achieve is not a list but the whole post respectively an extract / short form of the new post. Further more I want to have a news picture shown which is attached to the post.

So I can write html and css but I have no idea of the template system. So my questionsare:

1. How do I get the additional information from the template system - like pictures, complete post text,...

2. How can I create a new widget using this new template ?

Thanks for your help

Benny

Thanks @RobParker for your reply. Your resource inspired me to achieve a portal page just with the build-in Widget Framework.

Your guide work on my site as well, but what I do not get are the further post information like full post / extract of that post and a picture (maybe first picture of the post) to get an article styled layout.

Thanks @RobParker for your reply. Your resource inspired me to achieve a portal page just with the build-in Widget Framework.

Your guide work on my site as well, but what I do not get are the further post information like full post / extract of that post and a picture (maybe first picture of the post) to get an article styled layout.

I'm fairly sure @DL6's widgets can do all of that. He's updated them and added various new things since I first wrote that guide. If you look in the widget settings there are options for what to display, even the old original version has options for displaying images and an extract of the post.

Top Bottom