Lack of interest "New Threads" page displays board title when there are no unread threads

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Dominion

Clicking the "What's New?" link takes you to a page titled "New Threads" in big letters.

If you "mark all forums read" and then display this page, however, the board title appears instead of the "New Threads" heading for no apparent reason. You have to read the small print below the heading to know you're actually looking at the "New Threads" page.

It's just a small, mostly cosmetic problem, but should probably be fixed for UI consistency.

Apologies if someone's already mentioned this; I searched and could find nothing similar.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I've moved this from bug reports to suggestions as I believe it is currently working as designed.

I will however flag it up to Mike & Kier.

Thank you. I don't see the purpose of showing the board title on this page in particular. And I suppose one could make a case for not wanting to especially associate the board name with a lack of new content. ;)

If there's some particular reasoning behind this, I'd be interested to know what it is.

It's somewhat technical, but pages like that are just "messages" and don't have the full set of templating behind it which drives things like the page titles. (The same applies to error messages.)

Thanks, Mike.

The difference in formatting as compared with other pages had me wondering if it wasn't something like that.

Top Bottom