Fixed  "New Threads" page acting funny

Ati

Hi,

I run RC2, and do NOT have rewrites on my server. I could not reproduce this problem here, on the live xenforum site, so I'm not sure if it's a bug or a local issue...

I go to the "What's new" page. No new messages. I click on the "view all recent threads" link. The "Threads below this have not been updated since your last visit but have unread messages." sign shows up, and lists my one and only topic below it. There is only one post in it that I posted, and I have read it many-many times. That topic is definitely not unread, and does not have any unread messages. No matter how many times I click on that thread to read it, it keeps appearing here.

On this same page, the "All Recent Messages" link does not take me to another page. It reloads the same page as "index.php?find-new/32/threads", then "index.php?find-new/33/threads", then "index.php?find-new/34/threads" etc, but I keep getting the same page back.

I tested this here, on the xenforo.com forum, and it works fine here.

Maybe the lack of rewrites makes this act funny?

Did anyone else notice this?

PS: I only have one add-on installed, and I disabled that to make sure it does not interfere.

I don't follow what is actually wrong here. You click "view all recent threads", which shows you everything - including stuff you've read. Only time causes things to disappear from there. It'll be doing the same thing here.

I don't follow what is actually wrong here. You click "view all recent threads", which shows you everything - including stuff you've read. Only time causes things to disappear from there. It'll be doing the same thing here.

There's that line that says "Threads below this have not been updated since your last visit but have unread messages." But that's not true. The listed threads do NOT have unread messages. This line is not shown on the same page here on xenforo.com.

See screenshot. No matter how many times I read that message, that line will still say it is unread.

Attachments

• notunread.webp
    notunread.webp
    9.7 KB · Views: 9
If I enter another message, it starts working as it should. When I delete this second message, the "you have unread messages" line comes back again.

When I create a new topic, the new topic works fine. It's not listed under the "unread" header, but the first topic is still there.

Now when I delete that first topic, and only leave my second topic there... it works fine.

So this is with new installations only, with the very first topic. (For some reason it had "2" as the thread id.)

Really, the only thing odd that's going on here is showing that bar when you view all recent threads, rather than all unread threads. It's only applicable when applied to unread threads, so I've changed it to only show then. Everything else is working correctly.

Top Bottom