Lack of interest New thread type: Listing

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Feanor

This is another idea to expand on thread types, this time for a listing. When I say listing I essentially mean something like an eBay listing. This would be useful for forums that deal with selling, trading, auctioning, classifieds, etc.

I think this is something that forum owners either try to accomplish with various add-ons or by using normal posts and leaving it to the thread creator to keep track of everything.

If this was a formal thread type it would be much easier to keep things organized and streamlined. Listings are different from discussion threads because they are focused on one (sometimes multiple) item(s). Posts made in the thread usually contain an offer or bid. The main thing here is that the thread itself would keep track of the latest bid or the status of the listing. It would be less work for the thread creator and moderators to keep track of and would make it easier for users to follow.

Upvote 3
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Top Bottom