New Thread/Reply Button are awkward still.

Kuma

Would it be hard to have an alternate style to show them off on the left instead of the right, or does that complicate things?

I would at least like to see how they would function on the other side of the page. Mouse wise it also feels awkward to go to the right to start a thread/reply.

I don't mind where it is, but I think the colour needs a bit of a change, it doesn't stick out much, and I had to look for it - didn't expect it to be there.

Would it be hard to have an alternate style to show them off on the right instead of the left, or does that complicate things?

I would at least like to see how they would function on the other side of the page. Mouse wise it also feels awkward to go to the left to start a thread/reply.

They are on the right side. But I agree this needs some improvement. I also had to look for them. I believe it is more intuitive/logical to put them on the left, just as vBulletin does it (my God, I can make a positive remark about vBulletin4... amazing).

I don't mind where it is, but I think the colour needs a bit of a change, it doesn't stick out much, and I had to look for it - didn't expect it to be there.

Yes, put them on the left on their own line/spot (which is already better and make them stand out more) or for the time being change the appareance.

I prefer it where it currently is. Normally, you'd read (or at least skim over) the entire page before replying, and there's a quick reply box at the bottom of the page (hard to miss). Having it on the left usually just detracts from the important elements that are there (e.g., the thread title).

I prefer it where it currently is. Normally, you'd read (or at least skim over) the entire page before replying, and there's a quick reply box at the bottom of the page (hard to miss). Having it on the left usually just detracts from the important elements that are there (e.g., the thread title).

You are absolutely right. I can also understand why they decided to put it right next to the breadcrumb. Still... it is more intuitive I believe to have it on the left side, right under the threadtitle for instance.

If I am in a thread I have read its title. If I am in a forum and want to post a new topic, I do not need to read the title of the forum. I think it is more okay in the topic display page, we are shown how to reply for specific items or we have scrolled down and now see our quick reply.

At the very least, I would like to see more color contrast.

I agree, colour contrast is definitely needed. Even when I knew that the button was on the right hand side it still took me a little while to find it. :)

From what I understood, it is extremely easy to work with the templates, into xenForo.
Kier or Mike should chip in to give you more details, since they wrote it. :)

In my books, I really don't care about the templates. However, I believe Xen will not experience the issues vBulletin had in the past where we had to revert the templates to stock in order to upgrade. Therefore, you create your style once and it dies like that until a major release is out.

I somewhat agree. The title of a forum is not that important, at least compared to threads. There have been times I've inadvertently clicked on the wrong thread and didn't realize it until seeing the title at the top. Or, within very active discussions, which have a habit of being hijacked, forgetting what the main topic even was until glancing up at the title.

Wherever the new/reply buttons are placed, it needs to be consistent throughout (which it currently is). Some contrast wouldn't hurt, though.

I'd like to have the button 'Reply to Thread' in the place of 'Watch Thread', Like wise the 'New Thread' button, I'd like it to be in the place of 'Mark this forum as read'. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom