New thread email staff

New thread email staff [Paid] 1.3

No permission to buy ($35.00)

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

New thread email staff - Sends an email to staff when a new thread is created.

Premium upgrade:

For $25.00 USD this add-on along with the entire collection may be downloaded for up to one year. Please see the colletion in the Resources area at this URL:

https://www.xf2addons.com/

Note: all my XF1 add-ons are still 100% free and are supported by donations.

Description:

Sends an email to staff when a new thread is created.

This is a great way for staff to be notified of a new thread as replying to new threads quickly is important.

(Example...

Read more about this resource...

Is this not the "Watch Forum" system?

I surely would not want to be staff on a forum where every single thread across the entire forum was emailed to me with no way to opt out, so what's the benefit of this over simply instructing staff to watch certain important forum (such as a "site feedback" forum)?

Fillip

Is this not the "Watch Forum" system?

That doesn't cover the entire forum. Obviously you wouldn't want it for very large forums, but for forums staff want to check all new threads it seems good.

I was searching today for an addon that would allow anyone to watch the entire forum. One of my forums is quite small and will always be small (residents association) and when giving them a presentation on how to get notifications, a few people asked why go through the palaver of setting each forum to watch as they'd prefer to just do it once for the whole thing.

That doesn't cover the entire forum. Obviously you wouldn't want it for very large forums, but for forums staff want to check all new threads it seems good.

I was searching today for an addon that would allow anyone to watch the entire forum. One of my forums is quite small and will always be small (residents association) and when giving them a presentation on how to get notifications, a few people asked why go through the palaver of setting each forum to watch as they'd prefer to just do it once for the whole thing.
Then wouldn’t the optimal solution be to have a small mod that let people watch the entire site in one click rather than reinventing the wheel?

Fillip

Then wouldn’t the optimal solution be to have a small mod that let people watch the entire site in one click rather than reinventing the wheel?

Fillip

Well yes, but I'm not sure how to do that. At least this addon goes some of the way. I don't think there is an addon for xf2 that allows a one click forum wide watch.

But that is probably for me to make a suggestion, or we are in danger of hijacking Andy's thread.

Suggestion : If could possibly add listing of usernames/email addresses for selected forums/nod id, instead of generally sending emails to all forums. Typically we assigned specific moderators to monitor specific nod id/s and this addon would be much useful if having that feature.

Hopes this could be considered. Thanks :)

Top Bottom