New Thread Creation - No Editor/input box

Kim

Hidely Hodely!

I have an issue at a site, whereby if I click Create New Thread, the Editor/Input box doesn't load with the rest of the form.

I understand others on this site are NOT having the same issue, but any help to fix it for me would be appreciated.

:)

Kim

lovemyjrt.webp

If the problem is isolated to that one site then it's more likely a local/site issue, rather than browser related.

Just to confirm, you are running Beta 5 on there and not an older Beta version by any chance (just want to rule out any obvious issues)?

Yes he installed the Happy Place, - clickable smilies below the text box, but that wasn't until this afternoon.
Sssshh! No support if you have mods. Oh wait. That was the old days.
When I checked yesterday with 3 different browsers I couldn't see any problems.

Are the people experiencing problems also seeing it on XenForo.com or other XenForo powered sites?
XenForo has been OK.
It's me. I hadn't shut my computer down in a couple days.
My guess there was a caching problem. ??

uhhhhh it's more than just the text editor..... the moderators bar is showing above the text editor too.

see the screenie below -

editor.webp

Attachments

• editor.webp
    editor.webp
    8.6 KB · Views: 5
That normally indicates a problem with loading all of the pages/files correctly, specifically javascript.

Is your site hosted on a particularly slow server?

That normally indicates a problem with loading all of the pages/files correctly, specifically javascript.

Is your site hosted on a particularly slow server?
I'm on a dedicated server. My vB forum which is a lot busier seems to be running fine.
Current server load is .68.

I am now able to reproduce the problem.

The problem is back and it happens after I try to reply to a PC.
The editor is not there. And I can't reply to forum posts either.

To fix it I closed the window. Clear cache. Turned off FF and restart.
Then I am able to post.

Top Bottom