XF 1.4 new Super Admin - add to User Groups = all?

creativeforge

Hi,
I'm curious, when you make someone a super-admin (library/config.php), do you also add them to all User Groups? Is that how you avoid any future restrictions for him to manage the whole forum top to bottom?

Thanks!

Set them as a super administrator which will grant them all permissions in the ACP.

Front end permissions are handled via the user groups.

So you're saying that the mere fact of being a Super Admin would already give them full access? When I click his name in the ACP, settings are not checked/selected for User Groups. It had to be done manually. I don't yet know what the difference is between "Front end permissions" and this.

Front end permissions are those covered by the user group permissions.

A super administrator always has full access to all parts of the ACP.

Front end permissions are those covered by the user group permissions.

A super administrator always has full access to all parts of the ACP.

So, just to be sure: this means that a super admin has full access to every setting, whether accessed via the ACP, or via the forum's pop-ups, threads settings, etc. ?

Hi Brogan,

I want to give the super admin access to EVERYTHING, not just in the ACP, but anywhere there are settings to be used across the forum. That is what I need to set up.

The fact is you can use user group permissions to revoke permissions. If you add a user to all user groups you can in theory cause them to have less permissions.

Create a user group for your super admin. Assign that and only that to them end of story.

Thanks @rainmotorsports, you get that I didn't get it.

I will look into your advice to create a new user group called Super Admin and set all Secondary to all. That makes sense. For now, I have set all the individuals with a super admin status this way, individually.

Andre

Top Bottom