New skin designers working with XenForo

Kim i appreciate your works, i have nominated you in the list of skinners that i respect. Personally i can't use your skins because i have a "only boys forums" in development and my members will linch me if i use a pink/"strange colours"/girlish style...and i have to clarify that i don't talk about the capacity of designers of create great custom skins, but that we need more good pre-made skins (gaming related, minimalistic, etc.), free and commercial. And for this the presence of a new skinner that created greats skins that i like is good for me. For "lack of good skins" i don't intend "absence", i intend "insufficient number".

Yesterday i have in doubt if ask the moderators to change the title...now i ask please if you can change it with "New skinners in the forum market".

Kim i appreciate your works, i have nominated you in the list of skinners that i respect. Personally i can't use your skins because i have a "only boys forums" in development and my members will linch me if i use a pink/"strange colours"/girlish style...and i have to clarify that i don't talk about the capacity of designers of create great custom skins, but that we need more good pre-made skins (gaming related, minimalistic, etc.), free and commercial. And for this the presence of a new skinner that created greats skins that i like is good for me.

Yesterday i have in doubt if ask the moderators to change the title...now i ask please if you can change it with "New skinners in the forum market".

LOL as I said, I wasn't greatly offended ;) but can see why others were, your enthusiasm for seeing one of your favourite skinners here led you to word the title such that it was possible to take offense.

However, any more "pink/"strange colours"/girlish style" comments, and I will be offended
bop.gif

:P

Can I suggest we all move on now ;) Good Luck to Xenfocus, or indeed any other skinning site that does their own original designs be they free or paid :)

:p

Can I suggest we all move on now ;) Good Luck to Xenfocus, or indeed any other skinning site that does their own original designs be they free or paid :)

I think that is well said.

My own personal opinion is people who release free stuff are unprofessional. Don't ask me why, i couldn't give you a solid reason to my contradictory statement. Commercial all the way :thumbsup: ;)

I think that is well said.

My own personal opinion is people who release free stuff are unprofessional. Don't ask me why, i couldn't give you a solid reason to my contradictory statement. Commercial all the way (y) ;)
I am tempted to be offended. And would be if not for the Wink smiley. :)

Really? That would put yourself, me, John, Kim, Miko, and others at least halfway into that unprofessional category.
Interesting....

Really? That would put yourself, me, John, Kim, Miko, and others at least halfway into that unprofessional category.
Interesting....

Given the resources and graphics Shelley has shared so far, Shelley is the most unprofessional designer there is then :D

I think the appropriate word is "generous" rather than unprofessional :)

Peggy it's time to get the spanky smile out of the closet :D

Given the resources and graphics Shelley has shared so far, Shelley is the most unprofessional designer there is then :D

I think the appropriate word is "generous" rather than unprofessional :)

Peggy it's time to get the spanky smile out of the closet :D
If she does it again, I certainly will.

Professionally: you live of the income from your products.
Unprofessionally: you have another daytime job but releases graphics/addons (for free) as a hobby in your spare time.

That doesn't mean the quality is better in one category than the other.

At least, that's how I understand the 'professional'-concept. :rolleyes:

Professionally: you live of the income from your products.
Unprofessionally: you have another daytime job but releases graphics/addons (for free) as a hobby in your spare time.

That doesn't mean the quality is better in one category than the other.

At least, that's how I understand the 'professional'-concept. :rolleyes:

I think when it's all said and done you remember the people that make such comments when 1.1 come around the corner and attach them on your block list so they don't recieve support from your resources. The same people whom ask you when they need you. ;)

My list will be somewhat endless, my involvement in this thread is now at an end I see the topic title has been changed and we can leave this thread for the professionals. :censored:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think when it's all said and done you remember the people that make such comments when 1.1 come around the corner and attach them on your block list so they don't recieve support from your resources. The same people whom ask you when they need you. ;)

My list will be somewhat endless, my involvement in this thread is now at an end I see the topic title has been changed and we can leave this thread for the professionals. :censored:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Interesting, I see you being offhand with someone again for no reason.

I think if you spent less time stalking and more time being productive the day would pass much quicker carly.

No its just whenever you post it always results in the same negative manner, when it doesn't warrant it.

Garamond simply stated what his/her opinion was.

My days pass just fine thank you.

No its just whenever you post it always results in the same negative manner, when it doesn't warrant it.

Garamond simply stated what his/her opinion was.

My days pass just fine thank you.

It wasn't directed at Garamond. If you bothered to read, and noticed the title was changed it was an insult basically to all stylers. It's not about someone having an opinion but rather having a little respect for people that provide resources here for free/commercial. Silly us for doing that. Seriously, don't you bother reading?

I think this topic has reached a point where it no longer provides any useful feedback. I think it's safe to say that all designers have their own styles, their own methods, their own personalities, etc... It's these differences that are so vital to make sure people are able to find a huge variety of designs! :)

It wasn't directed at Garamond. If you bothered to read, and noticed the title was changed it was an insult basically to all stylers. It's not about someone having an opinion but rather having a little respect for people that provide resources here for free/commercial. Silly us for doing that. Seriously, don't you bother reading?

To be fair to Carl I read your post in the same negative manner. Regardless of the title change your post came across as "anyone who disses me can sod off once 1.1 comes out as you will go straight onto my ignore list". I suspect I will be the first :)

Top Bottom