New skin designers working with XenForo

Ok, on topic then.

I love the screenshot of Baisik. That's very close to my taste. Hoping to be able to see a live preview soon. The site is bookmarked... :)

Define professional. I wouldn't call myself professional but I like to think I can design. In moderation. :X3:

The new links in the posts are also re-colour jobs. Or atleast, I think they are. I don't really like to style so what do I care? :P

Not only can you design, but you are a very talented designer too. I have seen examples of your work and you are what I would call a professional :)

LOL I know what I'm capable of, I just see this thread as a snarky remark at the expense of the pre-exisiting designers on this forum who can do a professional job. Kim being one of them whom (creates her own imagery from scratch) which so far I see no other styling providor do.

I could go on but best leaving it that. Anyone can slap stock icons on styles and pre-made patterns, that's not designing.

LOL I know what I'm capable of, I just see this thread as a snarky remark at the expense of the pre-exisiting designers on this forum who can do a professional job. Kim being one of them whom (creates her own imagery from scratch) which so far I see no other styling providor do.

I could go on but best leaving it that. Anyone can slap stock icons on styles and pre-made patterns, that's not designing.
I resent this!

I hate doing graphics now, preferring to keep things simple and using CSS3 embellishments with minor amount of graphics usage.

When I point my mouse on the thumbnails I get a little text saying "live preview" but clicking on it doesn't do anything. Is it suppose to send me to some other page?

The skins do look nice.
But the most impressive feature is the overall integration of their custom pages and Xenforo.
Feels seemless.

It would be nice if Wordpress could run on the Home Page and Xenforo Inbox and Alerts could show up there as well.

Attachments

• xenfocus.integrated.site.webp
    xenfocus.integrated.site.webp
    68.8 KB · Views: 16
The skins do look nice.
But the most impressive feature is the overall integration of their custom pages and Xenforo.
Feels seemless.

It would be nice if Wordpress could run on the Home Page and Xenforo Inbox and Alerts could show up there as well.
Why does nearly every post you make have something to do with wordpress eventually :rolleyes:.

When I point my mouse on the thumbnails I get a little text saying "live preview" but clicking on it doesn't do anything. Is it suppose to send me to some other page?

We're still setting things up. Live previews will be available soon :).

I'm very happy to see that my preferred forum skinners are now moving to Xenforo. There are Miko of themesinc, you know; the new entry is Ehren, that is a great ipb skinners (search "Ipb Forum skins" on Google), that now are ready to create some great professional skins on his site called Xenfocus. Now there are only three previews but all looks great. Hope to see soon good skinners like Skinbox or Rockettheme (argh!), but for now seems very good the situation.

It would be a shame to not include http://www.xenique.com/. Kim has been around for quite some time and knowing her she genuinely cares about XenForo and it's future. She is quite a lady and does fantastic work.

(EDIT) I should have read the whole thread before posting since Kim was mentioned already as well as others, my post was not really needed. I still love Kim's work :)

It would be a shame to not include http://www.xenique.com/. Kim has been around for quite some time and knowing her she genuinely cares about XenForo and it's future. She is quite a lady and does fantastic work.

(EDIT) I should have read the whole thread before posting since Kim was mentioned as well as others. I still love Kim's work :)

There's quite a few professional stylers that provide styles. A style/site isn't anymore professional because it commercial over styles that have been made available for free and at the generosity of the people who provide them. I guess the title just doesn't sit quite well with me, and how it's worded.

At the owners of xenfocus, best of luck to you.

On a side note, Kim is I feel the best designer xenforo has when it comes to imgery based styles because as stated she's the only person I know running a styling service that designs all her icons/imagery from scratch.

There's quite a few professional stylers that provide styles. A style/site isn't anymore professional because it commercial over styles that have been made available for free and at the generosity of the people who provide them. I guess the title just doesn't sit quite well with me, and how it's worded.

At the owners of xenfocus, best of luck to you.

On a side note, Kim is I feel the best designer xenforo has when it comes to imgery based styles because as stated she's the only person I know running a styling service that designs all her icons/imagery from scratch.

Thanks for the kind words Shelley, coming from a talented designer such as yourself it does mean a lot to me :)

I do not want to get in the middle of a "who's best" kind of discussion though, suffice it to say I believe there are many different styles and many excellent designers for Xenforo already, as there were for IPB when I was in that sphere, some are offering Free product, some are concentrating on Custom Work like myself, and others are producing Pre-Made styles for sale... all have their place, and to date I have been very pleased with the work I am seeing... At least no one is openly ripping designs here and selling them as their own ;)

The OP did word the title very badly, but it was his opinion, and I think lack of English skills which has caused a few to be offended by his wordage... I take no offense personally, as I know I *am* a professional skinner, and have a queue of people wanting Custom Skins, and have had since before the day of Xenforo's first Beta release.... other's opinions of my work mean very little to me... the only people who matter are my clients, and those who are genuine potential clients... a lot of people who have made comments in here would never be potential clients of mine regardless, as they prefer a different style to mine... that is fine, I have absolutely zero issue with that, but like you Shelley, I would prefer that people thought a little more about what they said .. before they said it ;)

There has been a very healthy "professional" Styling community here from Day 1.. prior to day 1 actually.

:)

I don't think everyone will agree on what's the best design or who's the best designer. I think we should just welcome as many designers as we can it only benefits everyone, in the end.

So, welcome to xenForo. Hope to see some good styles.

(EDIT) I should have read the whole thread before posting since Kim was mentioned as well as others. I still love Kim's work :)

Thank you Jon, It has been a delight working with you on your Custom Skin. I look forward to completing the project when you are ready to convert :)

Thank you Jon, It has been a delight working with you on your Custom Skin. I look forward to completing the project when you are ready to convert :)

I think that's what I'll have to do, release less free stuff and start charging to become more professional. :P

But anyway, back on-topic, absolutely nothing against xenfocus I really hope you do well which Im sure you will. :thumbsup:

I think that's what I'll have to do, release less free stuff and start charging to become more professional. :p

But anyway, back on-topic, absolutely nothing against xenfocus I really hope you do well which Im sure you will. (y)

I haz money :)

Make me some custom smiles when I am ready to move.

I think a lot of people would be happy to pay for your work. I certainly would.

Buy Buy Buy :D

Reactions: Kim
Top Bottom