New site menu system

I have split this new menu system into 2 separate components, the mobile menu system and the larger screen menu system. The larger screen is set at 650 pixels and above high plus made some improvements in the larger screen style:

The main improvements in the larger screen style are:
1. The menu column is default to left side however there is an option in the user's preferences to select to have it on either the left or right side of the screen.
2. The sub-menu items have been spaced better so they do not overlap the Go To Top button.
3. For Moderators ONLY, they will see a 3rd icon at the bottom of the menu column where they can click to access the moderator areas

1.webp 2.webp 3.webp

Anything below the 650 pixels high will change to the mobile version which I will update next based on your comments above, thanks for them

Yay, my new menu system is now finished and my site users love it because no matter what device they are using, PC or mobile, everything is always at their fingertips by being sticky bars. They can choose through their user preferences whether to have the menu on the left or right which even places the hamburger icon on the left or right of a mobile device. It does take a little bit for a user to change their ways because it effects so many areas of XF like user menu drop downs, search, main menu bar, sub menu bar, moderator bar, register/login bar, mobile responsive view etc. There is even a New Posts icon in the menu column or the sticky top row on a mobile so a user can quickly go to everything that is new no matter where they are on a site

Interested in your thoughts of it so have a look at:
www.aircraftpilots.net
Username: Test
Password: test

Now that it is finished I will drop this test site in a couple of weeks

@ibaker - Really like your menu system with the sticky side... Any chance you would be releasing this as an add-on or share the mods needed to make this all work? Would love to incorporate something like this and I would bet others would too.

Thanks, I have been using it for some time now on my site at www.recreationalflying.com and the users love it. I have around 50% of users using a tablet or mobile phone and they say it is so much better plus it gives tablet users a way to use the site without their hand leaving the side of the tablet. The phone version let's users see everything they need not to mention giving my site a completely modern look and feel compared to a standard forum site.

Now that it is proven I will give it some thought of releasing the code but probably not here on XF due to their site constraints, management and moderation...stay tuned

Top Bottom