Fixed New Q&A issue detected for site (running XF 2.2.1)

rdn

Affected version
I enabled Question Forums on several nodes just earlier Today.
Now I got this email:
Q&A issues detected on xf221.site

To the owner of xf221.site:

Search Console has identified that your site is affected by 1 Q&A issues:

Top Warnings

Warnings are suggestions for improvement. Some warnings can affect your appearance on Search; some might be reclassified as errors in the future. The following warnings were found on your site:

Missing field "mainEntity.text"

We recommend that you fix these issues when possible to enable the best experience and coverage in Google Search.

I tested it with the first and second pages of a question type thread and Google found the field correctly.

I created another HTML test page with mainEntity.text is empty this time, and Google reported the same error. So, I believe, in your case, that question must be empty or including "zero" length text in the original question. Perhaps only an image?

Google should tell you which page it is. Can you go to Google Search Console and run the "Test Live Url" to see what you see in Q&A fields? Or using https://search.google.com/structured-data/testing-tool/.

It is only a warning by the way. It won't affect your search results, but it is always a good idea to clear the warnings as well as the errors in GSC.

Thank you for reporting this issue, it has now been resolved. We are aiming to include any changes that have been made in a future XF release (2.2.2).

Change log:
Prevent an error in the structured data of questions if the plain text version contains no content
There may be a delay before changes are rolled out to the XenForo Community.

Top Bottom